My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Monday, May 6, 2013

Warm May Day coming

I retrieved a couple fans from the garage this morning. Looks like it's going to get warmer as the day progresses.  Went out in the backyard to clean up the area around the steps a bit. Mainly just rearranging rocks and pots.  Rearranging seems to be my preferred activity inside and outside. I wanted to get at least some yard work done before the sun made it too warm to labor.  I put in a little over an hour and was red as a beet and hot as a pepper. 



Sorry I don't have more interesting pictures to share but this is my little corner of the world most of the time.  I did make a quick Safeway run and stopped to take a picture of the mountains. Never fails to impress me no matter how many times I see it. (click on pictures to enlarge)
Last week I took a picture of the vacant lot across the street as I noticed the scotch broom coming on. This morning I took another picture. Doesn't take long for that stuff to take over a neighborhood.

I've been repainting some of my rocks and yesterday I pulled out my glue gun to be "crafty."  I'm not all that good at crafts and my finished projects often look like a young girl scout was trying to earn a badge.

It's almost noon already so I guess I'll get see about finishing up my rock painting so I can put the supplies away.  Gonna take it easy the rest of the day -- and pray that my mouth discomfort runs its course and leaves me with a happy disposition.  It'll be two weeks in two days and that's just about enough of this nonsense!


No comments:

Post a Comment