My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Still wet outside

For your listening pleasure....here's a guy who could really really sing.  One of my favorite stories is how my sister-in-law, Rosemary, (also a fan) gave him a kiss on the cheek one day when she hung around after a concert hoping to see him.  Rosy could always get away with stuff like that.  hee hee


And now the local news stations will run the same story over and over for months about the bridge collapsing.  Complete waste of air time to remind us day in and day out that they were  there to film the action.  Well, that's their job!  Of course they'd be there. 

Yesterday, one of the morning news shows ran a clip about wild elephants being driven back by trained elephants because they were destroying villages.  They also showed kids taunting the elephants and ran a quick interview with a guy talking about the elephants territory being threatened. I wanted to hear more but alas....it was off to more boring stuff here in the states. I'm going to have to research that story again.  I'd much rather hear about animals and nature than Jodi Arias, OJ Simpson, Michael Jackson, and any number of other singers, actors, athletes, or politicians behaving badly.

I turned off the tv early  this morning. Have got KIXI 880 a.m. radio coming in on my Roku.  The tv lineup shows nothing of interest all day or evening so I'm stopping at Red Box to pick up a Barbra Streisand movie my daughter says is entertaining.

Saw this picture on Facebook yesterday of my granddaughter and her two half sisters in Utah. Catie is on the left, Carol in the middle, and Audrey, who is getting married this week.
 
I spent the whole weekend working on my ex-husband's family tree. Figured the kids would be interested in it someday. So far, nobody much cares, but they will in time.  Always fun to find little tidbits about other families and there was a lot of info out there on the Ambroses and Baldridges. I found one census listing for one of the family members living in  the "Little House on the Prairie" neighborhood.  When I tried to find it a second time, though, I never could come up with it. Maybe I'll hunt again today.
 
June 1st is creeping up. The twins will be out of school on June 14th and come September, they'll be 8th graders.  How'd that happen?  I don't have a thing planned this week but will head into PT on June 8th and to Tacoma on June 30th.
 
Well, nuts! I just had to mute KIXI. For some reason they insist on replaying Dave Letterman's monologs.  I'm not a fan and never have been.  Never thought Johnny Carson was all that great either. Also think Bob Hope and Bill Cosby were overrated.  There are a lot out there, though, that make me laugh every time --Jerry Seinfeld, Steve Martin, Jonathan Winters, Cheech Marin, Jon Stewart, Chris Rock, Billy Crystal, Don Rickles, Groucho Marx, Jack Benny, and Larry David.

Well, better get moving. Which means get busy on the laptop schedule. Gonna work on editing my next book, but I do need to hunt around for a few more Blankenship genealogy notes.

No comments:

Post a Comment