My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Every day I'm older!

I wonder if I'll ever see a day when I wake up really peppy and bounce out of bed with vim and vigor, ready to start my day with a vengeance.  I sneezed three times while typing that sentence and that tells me my general feeling of morning blahs is probably allergy related.  Especially when the view out my front window is a wall of very high yellow scotch broom.  It's also on my side of the street on the vacant lot on the other side of my neighbor.


I woke up at 5, 6, and 7 -- each time going back to sleep to have yet another weird but interesting dream.  My final wake up call (the one that made me crawl out of bed) was the sound outside my window going... ka cooo, ka cooo, ka cooo.  I stumbled out to the living room and there was a quail strutting across my deck.  I thought I would retrieve a handful of bird seed in the large storage box next to the deck and as I made my way down the steps, more quail came fluttering out from under the house....the last one almost between my legs.  Scared the hell out of me!

They all took off in a loud flutter and that got the neighbor's hound in the alley excited enough to add to the mix. HOW ALLLLL!  HOW LLLLLLL!  Nothing like a basset hound's howl to echo down the street.

I turned on the television and was immediately reminded (as if I could forget) that we get to be subjected, yet again, to NON NEWS!  OJ Simpson, lookin' older and fatter but smiling and singing the blues about how he needs another trial cause his lawyer said it was okay to do what he did.  And then poor ole Jodie Arias calming saying she'd welcome death as that's the ultimate freedom. And then the topping on the cake...the kid molested by Michael Jackson who always claimed he wasn't molested has now seen the light because he had two nervous breakdowns and had a son of his own. That's all it took to help him realize that yes, he was molested.   Oh boo hoo hoo!  Everyone knows Jackson was weird and "off."  No big mystery there.  Never fails to amaze me how much coverage (for years!) we give to people who are liars.

One of my favorite things to do now is to click on Google Images and put in a name.  I'm never sure who a lot of the pictures are of that I've  typed in but every now and again, you get something very interesting.  Yesterday I put in the name of this "less than desirable guy" my oldest once dated back in the 80's.  Low and behold the two pictures that came up (with accompanying story) were of the police looking for him in a murder case in Everett and the judge giving him 13 years when he was caught. 

Today I'm going to continue work on genealogy studies and edit my old Leader blogs that I plan to put in a book.  Here's two of my favorite pictures from Facebook yesterday........


And Happy Birthday to Bob Blaurock who hangs his hat in Sequim these days.
                                     Warnie Erickson and Bob in the 50's
                                                Bob at work at the mill in the 90's
                       Bob and Gene Peterson at Dave Marriott's place last summer. Their band will play at the alumni dance next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment