My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

My bucket's got a hole in it

I guess I'm going to have to invest in a new bucket.  I've had these white ones for a while and even though I put a piece of duct tape on the bottom to cover the hole, water still leaked out as I carried the bucket from the sink to the back deck this morning.  That meant I got to mop a little before breakfast too.

And why did I need a bucket full of soap?  This is why....



Damn tent caterpillars!!! Google said to cut off the branches and put them in soapy water so I did that. (Glad I only have two small trees)  Then I sprayed with this caterpillar spray I had in the garage.  Gross little critters and I'm not happy to see them. Google also said to encourage birds to visit your yard.  Lot a good that did!  I have quail, crows, robins, goldfinch, wrens, and hummingbirds comin' around but I guess they weren't interested in a snack of caterpillars.

It was looking gray and cloudy when I got up at 6:30 but now, two hours later, the sun is out and things are lookin' up.  I've got to take my vacuum in to see if the guy can get my cord out, and I think I'll stop by Swains and get some bird seed.  Maybe even a few flowers.

I did up a load of laundry and mailed off a letter, a check, a post card, and 2 sympathy cards.  The rest of the day is mine and I suspect it will be spent right here on the laptop.  My latest mystery is grandpa's oldest sister, Georgia.  She married Jake Stark and they had four kids. I had various census records on them and thought I had as much info as I could find when I got a message on ancestry.com from this guy also researching Starks who told me Jake was married to Elizabeth Jane Prickett before Georgia. 

So I did more hunting and I did find Lizzie Jane and their two daughters.  Also found the marriage record of Jake and Lizzie Jane.  When I tried to find the marriage record of Jake and Georgia, however, I came up empty.  I tried several states and diffferent spellings but all I found was Jake marrying Lizzie Prickett and somebody named Georgie Ann Blankenship marrying John W. Watts.
Georgia's name was Georgia Anna so I'm thinking she might have married this Watts guy before Jake. Gotta do more checking, though. So many times you think you have it right and you discover several people with the exact same name.

She must have married him (if this is her) for a short time because my first census record of her being with Jake was when she was 19 years old when they were both farm hands.

Interesting story in the news right now about those three women who were kept captive for ten years.
Now, that's some evil lurking there.  Pure evil. I hope they string those guys up. 

Finished up my rock painting yesterday and got all the supplies put away. Now I can mess up my craft table with something else.
The Today Show just interviewed a guy who went a year without using any modern day gadgets like cell phones, texting, online banking, internet,etc.  He found it liberating at first to have to go back to looking stuff up in books but he also found it lonely and that the internet wasn't the cause of his feeling he wasn't being productive.  If I had to make a choice between the internet and say....not having any food with white sugar or white flour for a year, I know for a fact, I'd lose weight. No way could I function without my laptop

The dryer just turned off so time to fold clothes, run my errands, and jump into ancestry again. 



No comments:

Post a Comment