My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Sunday, May 26, 2013

Still raining.....

It's coming down pretty steady but again, doesn't bother me one bit. Doesn't bother my pansies either as they've taken off overnight.


I spent most of the day working on genealogy, and finally found all the little clues I was hunting for to see if my ex-husband and I shared a common relative.  We did. Half brothers named John and Michael Skaggs. One led to his grandmother and mom; the other led to the sister of my grandmother. Small world.

I watched two Netflix movies last night.  Edison Force (2005) only got a 5.2 rating but I would have rated it higher.  Starred Morgan Freeman, Kevin Stacey, Dylan McDermott, and Justine Timberlake.  The other movie was a documentary from 2008 called Food Matters.  The most interesting part was their presentation on how vitamins (and the right food groups) can nip cancer in the bud.  Fascinating.

Right now I've got a Turner Classic movie on called The Sea Chase.  1955 starring John Wayne, Lana Turner, Tab Hunter, James Arness, and Claude Akins, among others.  I'm getting quite a kick out of the dated techniques.  Like John Wayne kissing Lana. It looks like he's got her in a tight bear hug and all you can see is his back.  Her blond hair never loses a curl or is out of place. (and the whole movie takes place on a ship at sea) Wayne towers over all the other men in certain scenes (except Arness) who is the same height.  Even the scene where a sailor is attacked by a shark gave me a chuckle.  Especially when Tab Hunter dived into the water to go rescue him.  The way he was brought into a lifeboat was obviously staged too.  All in all, though, it was great fun.

I did manage to pull myself away from the computer long enough to sew up the five pillows I intend to gift out.  I also made a pan of brownies. (my own special cure for cancer)

Happy Birthday to my son-in-law, Andy! (He's the one who's not blue)



No comments:

Post a Comment