My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Tuesday afternoon

Decided to make a quick Walmart run as I had a pillow cover to return (broken zipper). Picked up a couple  of solar lawn lights too as I love seeing them at night.  Stopped at McDonalds to pick up a chicken wrap and man, was it ever tasty!

I also stopped at the police station 'cause I was looking for a certain address downtown and I couldn't find it anywhere.  The lady at the desk couldn't  find it either so I headed out to search again.  And then I drove straight to it.  It was on a deadend street near the post office and I got the picture I was wanting.
This is just another way I manage to get sidetracked on ancestry.  I was researching my Aunt Lillian's family and wanted to see where her folks lived back in the 40's when her dad had a barber shop up on the highway coming into town.  The City Directory for P.A. for 1947 showed an address on 2nd Street and I wanted to see where it was.  I pass the barber shop frequently although it's not a barber shop anymore.  Anyhow, I called the lady back at the police station to tell her where it was as she spent a bit of time trying to find it.
 
Watched a pretty interesting movie on Netflicks last night. "12 and Holding."  About these three 12 year old kids whose life is changed when one of their friends is killed. 
 
Interesting items on the news yesterday and today.  Saw an interview with the two brothers of Ariel Castro and how their lives have changed because of their brother's evil acts.  I felt sorry for them and that was something I didn't think I would feel.
 
Felt sorry for Angelina Jolie and her decision to have a double mastectomy too.  It's no easy trick getting through this world unscathed by illness or accident. While buying my Hit 5 tickets at the local grocery this morning, a woman came in (she knew the clerks) and told them another friend of theirs just learned her daughter has a brain tumor.  Sure seems to be an increase in brain tumors these days.
 
I got the statement from AARP showing what they paid and what Medicare paid for that brain stem MRI I had to have in March.  I haven't quite figured out for sure if I'm going to have to pay something. I'm hoping not. I thought the charge was outrageous.  $4800!  And this for a procedure I would have given anything to avoid.  Half the time I won't even open the medical statements because I don't want to see how much the charges were.  They tick me off every single time!
 
I'm going to work on the 3 dvds Mary gave me for Mothers Day. I learned how to cut out the part I wanted so I should be able to figure out how to do it again.  I don't do something new one time and have it down pat.  I have to study it over and over.
 
I'm tired this morning even though I actually got to sleep until 7:45.  That's a late start for me.  I did wake up at 4, 5, 6, and 7, though.  Was surprised I was able to drop back off to sleep.  If I felt a little better, I'd go out and mow the grass but I have to be in the right frame of mind to perform that dirty task.
 
Got this cool coffee cup planter from Jenni and the twins for Mothers Day. Also one of those nifty 50' garden hoses that coil up into your hand.
 
 My card from Mary, Andy, and Catie was a keeper too.  It showed a little girl sitting on the toilet with this notation....
Hey mom! Thanks for teaching me so many wonderful things over the years.  Especially that potty training thing!
(I can't tell you how many times that has come in handy)
 
I begun to edit my next book. I'm going to combine my Town Kid blog posts with that second blog I had for a short time called 'What do you say.'  I've certainly got enough material to work with and I intend to insert photos as well. I'm still working on various genealogy searches too but I haven't made up my mind just yet how to put it altogether.
 
The most annoying "non news" I heard yesterday was that Barbara Walters plans to retire next summer.  She's 83 for crying out loud!  What's the big deal?!  I'll tell you what it is.  EGO!  She knew that announcing her departure a year early would shoot out some media coverage of her career.  Gag me with a spoon!   Can you tell I'm not a fan?
 
Okay. Now to get busy on those DVDs
 


No comments:

Post a Comment