My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Thursday, May 30, 2013

It's gonna be a good day (I hope)

It's 6 a.m. and I've been up for an hour.  Not because I wanted to get up that early but I guess God felt I needed a reminder that I'm gettin' on in years and I have certain health habits I need to keep current. So easy for me to let things go by the wayside.

I'm speaking, of course, of those delightful cramps in the calf that come on with a vengeance, often interrupting an interesting dream.  Heaven only knows what goes on in my dreams that I don't recall. I probably wouldn't have recalled this one if I hadn't been awakened so nastily.  I was back at the mill. No big shock there. I'm often walking the halls of the office or wandering around the parking lot.  My cramp came on as I was walking swiftly down the hall and I remember yelling "help me!"  No one was coming to my rescue and finally I woke up enough to realize I had to help myself and get out of bed!  Grrrrr...  I should have expected something was in the works because of the toe cramps I've been bothered with all week.

I'm now back to drinking more water, eating a banana daily, and taking a magnesium twice a day.  I'm also back to drinking a glass of water with a tablespoon of apple vinegar in it.  Some days I don't take my vitamins at all.  That'll teach me!

Made a "to-do" list before hitting the sack last night.  Probably a dozen items on it but they're all relatively quick and easy as I got all the physical stuff done yesterday -- changed drapes, rearranged furniture, cleaned toilets, vacuumed, etc.  Lookin' like rain again but I still think I'll go outside and plant some flower seeds.  Will probably need to spray the trees for caterpillars too.

Watched a Netflix movie last night called Jolene. A 2008 flick starring Jessica Chastain.  Man, what a depressing story line.  Came from a book by E.L. Doctorow.  Still good, though.

Well, gotta make some postcards now and think I'll head outside to see how many caterpillars I get to put to death.

Was going through old pictures yesterday (trying to decide on one for the cover of my book) and came across this old one of the Methodist Church on Taylor and Clay.  Fascinating.
And here's a very interesting video I just got from Linda Farina in Tennessee..


No comments:

Post a Comment