My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Thursday, October 20, 2011

At the sewing machine today

Hunter was home sick with a cold today so we hung out together.  I worked on my tulip garden wall hanging and he played on the computer a bit, watched tv, and even wanted to learn how to cross stitch.  He made a couple of wall hangings for his parents saying Mom and Dad.  And he did quite well on them too.  I had a piece of aida cloth that was 12 count for his very first attempt but he had to switch to 14 count for the second one. I think he enjoyed that particular craft because he could see the finished product right away. Not like latch hook that takes longer.

As I studied my tulip garden directions and figured out how to use transfer paper for applique designs (I never can remember), I finally decided to alter that pattern here and there.  Tomorrow I'll put the backing on but here's the pattern picture and my own interpretation below that.  I wish now I had used darker red or purple for the tulips but I can always make it again now that I kind of know how to put it together.


Well, I don't have much else to write about.  Just one of those stickin'-around-the-house days.  News was kinda interesting, though, what with Kadhafi being brought down, Lindsey Lohan trotting off in handcuffs, Port Angeles girl being found dead in Port Ludlow,  wild animals loose in the midwest, and Baby Lisa's parents being put through the ringer again.  Sure is a mystery there.   Hard to tell if the police are on the right track or not.  I imagine they're talking to neighbors and such to find out more about the parents. We'll just have to wait and see what develops.  If the parents are innocent, it's a damn shame they're being put through this.  If they're guilty, well, we'll know sooner or later.

I don't have anything on my agenda this weekend. Guess I'll settle in and watch videos and read.  Think I'll start another sewing project too. I'm kinda on a roll now.

And here's a music clip I've always loved.....

No comments:

Post a Comment