My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Mid-Week Wednesday

Well, it's another day. Isn't that a profound statement?!  Ha!  It's 8:25 a.m. and I just finished a light breakfast and a cup of coffee.  Yeah, it's gonna be one of those kind of blog days. Not much to say.  Like what else is new?  hee hee

It's lookin' chilly outside but dry and I'm thinking I might get a chance to cut the lawn this afternoon.  Would prefer to let Hunter do it but he'll go to the other grandma's house today and I can't depend on dry weather lasting too long.  The neighbor cut his grass on Friday and I've looked like the messy step-child ever since.

My project for today (outside of the mowing) is to continue cutting out quilt pieces.  I'm going through each of my material bins one at a time and pressing and cutting as I go to empty them. Most of the scraps are small odds and ends too little for anything except specific cut-outs for squares and triangles.  And that's a relaxing pasttime as well.  I can sit at the kitchen table, listen to a book or watch a video and measure, cut, and stack to my heart's content.

I got out half a dozen templates with two specific block patterns in mind.  Having the pieces cut ahead of time is half the battle.  And I'm not giving up the battle.  I just have to re-evaluate exactly what I'm doing that makes my finished product look so awful.

Sewing and writing are what I enjoy doing the most, and while I'm not that great at sewing a lot of the time, I do know it's teaching me patience.  Yeah, I know. I'm laughing too.

Maddie made me a ghost decoration out of plastic bags yesterday and Hunter hung it up on the basketball hoop for me.  I told him to stay on the stepstool while I went to get my camera but he doesn't mind so I said: "Ok, here, take my picture then."  I did get him to pose a little later holding Sammy by the scarecrow on the porch.



Well, maybe I'll post more later in the day. Or not.  Some days there's just not much to talk about unless I rant on some subject or another.  And I can always find some subject to rant about. I must admit I did enjoy hearing Max lambast the judges on Dancing with the Stars. I've always thought the two male judges on that show were a complete waste of air time.

Gotta get bundled up now and go retrieve Sammy from Jenni's house.  We laughed and laughed yesterday.  I was at the computer and he was sitting on his perch watching out the window for Jenni to arrive. She finally pulled in the driveway and I knew without looking that she had pulled up because he started making these happy sounds--half laughing, half crying.

He runs to the door, she picks him up, and he licks and licks and licks her face.  She bends down and says:  "Give Maddie a kiss too."  He hesitates, gives her ONE QUICK LICK and then turns back to Jenni and gives her ten more licks.  We're rolling on the floor laughing and she does it again.  And he obliges.  One quick lick for Maddie, ten licks for MAMA!

Trivia for today:

Avocados have the highest calories of any fruit at 167 calories per hundred grams

The moon moves about two inches away from the Earth each year

The Earth gets 100 tons heavier every day due to falling space dust

No comments:

Post a Comment