My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Monday, October 17, 2011

In first gear

I stayed up until 11 again last night.  Not sure why my body has taken on a new time table but I'll just go with the flow for now.  I wonder if it's because Jenni and I changed our routine of her bringing the dog over at 7:45 a.m. every day on her way to work.  I told her to leave him home and I'd walk over there as I needed an excuse to make myself walk more.  Not that I had to get up and open the door for Sammy at 7:45 but I got it in my head that I would appear lazy if I wasn't up. 

Odd to even harbor those thoughts because Jenni certainly doesn't care if I sleep in and I certainly don't care if she knows I'm not up.  Why is it, I wonder, that we put ourselves on these ridiculous guilt trips sometimes.  Anyhow, I read for a few minutes and was yawning hard over and over so I figured it was time to turn out the light.  And then....

Yep!  Insomnia set in.  I'm always surprised when it hits me.  I hadn't been drinking caffeine; I didn't have any worry on my mind; and I was tired.  So why did I toss and turn until after 2 a.m.?!
My body did ache an awful lot (aftermath of my four-hour tulip bulb planting) so I  got up to take an iboprofen. I finally dozed off, of course, but it was fitful sleep and I woke up every hour until I got up at 7:30.  I was still tired but my dream was unsettling and put me in a jagged mood.

I busied myself with sewing like I had intended but I was dragging and couldn't seem to get my speed up to second gear.  Here's a picture of a Port Angeles postcard that I was trying to make.  I prefer the top picture the most. I think it's supposed to be Ediz Hook. I altered it a bit to suit myself and it's shown below.

I settled into my recliner at 1:20 today to take a nap but I don't think I ever did doze off.  At least not much.  I had a blanket on and the heat going but I was still cold (and achy).  I hope I'm not getting  sick.  My tinnitis has been carrying on the last two or three days and everytime I cough, I have a tendency to panic.  OH NO!  Not a chest cold. No! No!
I'm such a weeney.  But I've dealt with chest colds enough to know that they aren't as easy to shake off as compared to when I was younger.  I really get cranky when sinusitis and bronchial germs enter my body.  But then I guess most people do.

Kids are expected any time so I guess I'll heat up some spaghetti and get my body moving. I did curl my hair and put on some lipstick thinking perhaps the image I saw in the mirror was contributing to my illness.  I looked pale, wrinkled, and OLD!  Surely the labor I put in on the yard on Saturday isn't the reason for this heavy duty fatigue.  I always thought exercise was supposed to perk you up and give you energy.  Maybe it doesn't work that way when you're closer to 70 than you are 60.  Oh Lord, it hurt to type those words!  Ha Ha

Got a few more Officer comments in so I think I'll start work on the second half of my Leader blog tomorrow.
Here's some more trivia.. (I forgot yesterday)

Kites were used in the American Civil War to deliver letters and
newspapers.

The song, Auld Lang Syne, is sung at the stroke of midnight in almost
every English-speaking country in the world to bring in the new year.

Drinking water after eating reduces the acid in your mouth by 61 percent

No comments:

Post a Comment