My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Saturday, October 15, 2011

I bet I sleep good tonight

I don't know why I thought I could get all those tulip bulbs in the ground AND still have energy left over to sew.  I can hardly walk I'm so tired and achy.  I was determined, though, to get the job done and off my list.
Serenity House had a bulb planter tool for $1.50 and boy, did that thing help.  It was easy as pie planting in my raised flower bed (put about 40 over there) but going along this fence was torture.  I'd hit big rocks and have to spend a whole lot of energy getting them out.  I sat down for this part of the job. Found an old pot that a tree came in that would hold me and it seemed to work great.  Except I had difficulty getting up each time.  But oh well, that's my life now.

I planted 106 tulips.  If I die before spring, I'm really going to be ticked off!

I plan on spending the rest of the day and evening sitting in my recliner and working on cross stitch and knitting while I catch up on movies I've taped.  I've got ground turkey thawing out for supper as I planned on making a small batch of spaghetti.  It's still frozen, though, and if my energy level continues to fall, I may opt out for Marie Callendar instead.  Marie's my pal.

I thawed some blackberries a couple days ago and may whip up a quick pie.  Or not.  There's always tomorrow.  Pie does sound wonderful right now,though.

Here's some interesting history:

England is old and small and the local folks started running out of places to bury people.

So they would dig up coffins and would take the bones to a bone-house, and reuse the grave.
When reopening these coffins, 1 out of 25 coffins were found to have scratch marks on the inside and they realized they had been burying people alive.
So they would tie a string on the wrist of the corpse, lead it through the coffin and up through the ground and tie it to a bell.
Someone would have to sit out in the graveyard all night (the graveyard shift.) to listen for the bell; thus, someone could be, "saved by the bell" or was "considered a dead ringer".
And that's the truth.


And more trivia....

If you stop getting thirsty, you need to drink more water. When a human body

is dehydrated, its thirst mechanism shuts off

Zero is the only number that cannot be represented by Roman numerals

And here's a funny video I found when I searched for 'Officer & A Gentleman' on YouTube.

No comments:

Post a Comment