My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Friday, October 7, 2011

A jigsaw puzzle kind of day

Woke up hearing raindrops on the roof and I think it helped me roll over and go back to sleep for a while longer.  I don't think I'll ever take my retirement for granted.  I LOVE not having to go to work.  Not that I didn't like work.  Except towards the end, I really liked my office job at the paper mill.  But more about that later. I may write about it on my Leader blog.

I'm playing with the idea of setting up a jigsaw puzzle I bought a few weeks ago at a yard sale. It's only 500 pieces. Sometimes I set up the 1000-pc puzzles but get discouraged and put it away before I'm done.  I've always like doing puzzles; even as a kid.

I may drive over to Airport Nursery and pick up a bag of dirt today.  I did a little more "clawing" of the lawn sod where I want to plant tulips and I think I probably need to make that strip wider.  All in good time.  I also noticed a house plant that is outgrowing its pot so I'll get it transplanted today for sure.  (Are you bored to tears yet? Well, hang on, it only gets worse)

I've got the vacuum set up and ready for take off once I begin the morning household chores.  As I walked down the hallway this morning, I "think" I felt a comweb in my face.  Intend to walk around with a feather duster and see if I can't demolish any webs before those spiders get too comfortable.  Not that I've seen any spiders but where there's a web, there's probably a bug.

Went on Facebook this morning to take a look at the latest posts and photos. I thought this cartoon was kind of funny.

I also follow my great niece's page for the pictures she posts of her new baby, Lily.  This is my brother, Les' great granddaughter.  Isn't she a cutie?


Yesterday wasn't a good day for keeping money in my wallet.  I woke up the night before with a terrible toothache.  I was depressed, not only because of the pain, but because I'd already given my dentist a great deal of money this past summer.  A couple of Advils nipped it in the bud but I knew I had to get it checked out.  He worked me in yesterday morning, took a couple of x-rays, and determined the problem was a sinus infection; not a tooth going bad.  Cost me $127 for the exam and x-rays and another $24 for the antibiotics but oh well.......I've learned that one way or another, somebody is going to get my money.

Maddie lent me a picture that I thought was too good not to post on my blog.  She's shown here with her dad, Wayne, at a father-daughter dance they went to a few weeks ago. Both twins share their love of music with their father. When I was driving over to Renton last month, Wayne was in the back seat with the kids and him and Maddie played a music game for over an hour and a half where she would have him listen to a few seconds of a song on her Ipod and he had to ID the name of the song and the artist.

It amazed me how he got just about every single one!  Hunter and Maddie also discuss favorite songs and singers frequently.   Wayne's never struck me as the type who would go to dances but he told me they danced EVERY SINGLE DANCE all night long. I like that.



And here's some more trivia...

Tourists visiting Iceland should know that tipping at a restaurant is considered an insult!

People in nudist colonies play volleyball more than any other sport

No comments:

Post a Comment