My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Friday, October 21, 2011

It's Friday

I don't really have much to yak about today but then my posts (a lot of the time) are just me yakking about nothing in particular.  So, with that in mind.....

I walked over to get Sammy and could hear him barking inside the house a block away. I'd thought before that he heard my steps and stick coming but now I'm not so sure. Maybe he was just barking to be barking. Surely he couldn't hear that far away.  He doesn't usually bark without some noise provoking him, though.  He gets so excited when he hears the jingle of my keys in the lock.  I'd swear he'd talk if he could.  Makes me laugh.

Anyhow, we started our return trip and I decided to take some pictures with my phone of the woods we walk through.  The kids aren't particularly at ease having to walk through these woods alone. I kind of know how they feel. Mainly because there's a couple of "camps" built.  They are very possibly just camps that kids have made but nowadays with the homeless finding shelter in the woods, you just never know for sure.

I keep my wits about me and am glad the path through is only a block long.



After leaving Walgreen's, I stopped at Safeway to buy about $40 worth.  Came home and wrote two letters, did some housework, and now I'm gonna take a nap.  Like I said...not much today.

Here's some more trivia, though.......

In ancient Greece , tossing an apple to a girl was a traditional proposal of marriage. Catching it meant she accepted.

Intelligent people have more zinc and copper in their hair.

A comet's tail always points away from the sun

The Swine Flu vaccine in 1976 caused more death and illness than the disease it was intended to prevent

No comments:

Post a Comment