My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Yummmm! Chili!

Well, I guess I'm gonna have to freeze the rest of the chili batch I made a few nights ago.  I always seem to make too much and I've had it 3 or 4 nights now.  I love this recipe I got from Jenni. It uses three kinds of canned beans and is super fast and easy to make.  Been meaning to mention this jam I bought a while back too. Danish Orchards in a blue container.  Very tasty.
And while I'm on the subject, I've found a dry cereal I'm particularly fond of.  Safeway brand called Oats & More with Almonds.  I bought two more boxes this morning as it was on sale two for $5.  I like it.

Saw an interesting cooking segment on the Today Show this morning. Going to have to go to their website and see what the name of the cookbook is the guy was selling. They did a demo on an easy way to cook a Cornish game hen.  It looked especially appetizing and simple.

I seem to be preoccupied with the subject of food today. I think I woke up kind of hungry. I've been trying to diet a bit. Nothing drastic; just working at cutting out desserts and eating  smaller portions. I've lost about five pounds but I need to kick it up a notch and do better than that!

I cleaned out the goldfish bowl and the two gallon jars holding the beta fish yesterday. The water sure gets murky quick.  I thought they'd appreciate it but noooooo...those damn goldfish decided to kill themselves during the night.  The betas, on the other hand, just keep sailing along month after month.

I posted on Facebook this morning (and sent out a few emails) asking people for any memories they had of when Officer and A Gentleman was filmed in Port Townsend.  (or if they knew people I could contact regarding their memories)  I received about 9 replies already and am hoping the word gets out as I'm betting there's a lot of interesting tidbits. I want to write about the subject on my next Leader blog.  Just the few stories I've received so far make me believe there are plenty more to tell.

Oh, there goes the rain again.  Coming down in buckets.  I'm fine with that, though.  Will turn my lawn green and hopefully, soften up the tulip strip so I can plant some bulbs later in the month.

I've quit watching Dancing with the Stars for the most part but last night I had it on while I was sewing.  I'd surf around to other channels and then come back again hoping to see Derek Hough and Ricki Lake dance.  Sure glad I did too.  Man, what a performance!  And who'd think anyone could dance to the theme song from Psycho?!

I see the news is warning us against taking vitamins again. How can they say Vit E has the opposite effect now?  Don't these doctors and the FDA know anything?  It's no wonder I doubt everything I'm told in the doctor's office these days.  And multi-vitamins are killing off old ladies?  Oh brother!

Looked over the tv schedule and I guess I'm gonna tape Auction Kings and Sons of Anarchy.
Will probably watch Tim Allen's new show 'Last Man Standing.'  I pray it doesn't have canned laughter.  I IMMEDIATELY quit watching any show that has to fall back on that annoying feature.

I've watched most of the new shows offered this season (at least once) but I've found few to interest me enough to decide to tune in again.  Prime Suspect is the only one I've found worthwhile.  At least the only one that comes to mind.  I guess I'm just too hard to please these days.  Yeah, I didn't really mean that. Everybody knows it's not true anyway.

I won't waste my time with Jersey Shore or the Kardashians or Gene Simmons.  I'm also not impressed with The Good Wife, Parenthood, Grey's Anatomy, Desperate Housewives, Two and a Half Men, and tons of others.

For whatever reason, though, I do like some of the shows on TruTV, and I get a kick out of Repo, American Pickers, Storage Wars, and Pawn Stars.  I know I'm repeating myself but I do that a lot lately. Ask anyone.

And here's Neil Young...Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

1 comment:

  1. I work at Safeway. I'll have to try that cereal sometime.

    I enjoy reading your blog. You always make me smile. :)

    ReplyDelete