My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Saturday activities

I decided to browse through the P.A. Crab Fest booths this morning.  Wasn't sure how to dress so I put on a warm jacket.  It was a little too warm after an hour but my  hands were like ice. I hunted for my gloves when I got home and decided to keep them in my purse for future outings. Here's some of the pictures I took.
                                       This guy gave a little talk on his birds.
              There were two large tubs set up where people could "fish" for crabs for $5.
                             These teens were playing volleyball near the beach.
 Alyce Hansen (in yellow) of Port Ludlow was working the Dungeness Lilghthouse booth.
                Graham Kerr was setting up to give a cooking demonstration. That's him on the right.

I didn't have a lot of money to spend but I did buy 50 tulip bulbs from the Rotary Club. I'll plant them on the strip along the fence I'm working on as well as in large pots on the porch. Their price was even better than Walmarts.

I did stop and browse a couple of antique stores on 1st Avenue.  Both of them had a ton of good stuff but I only spent $5. Bought another toilet for my collection.
I came home to warm up and fixed some soup for lunch.  Worked on a quilt and then ran to Safeway to buy a few items. Am making a big pot of chili for supper tonight. I should say for supper the next few nights.  I'll look forward to not having to cook.

Had five deer in my yard so I chased them off. Took a picture of a bee on my garage door. He just sat there so I guess he's nearing his end.

I stopped by Hunter's soccer game for a half hour and sat with Jenni and Wayne. Jenni had just gotten off work and she was tired so we left at half time.  I was eager to get home and warm up as it was fairly chilly sitting out there on that field.

Maddie's game was earlier in the morning and it was in Sequim.  She's going to a birthday party this afternoon.  A sleepover I think.

Jenni's got Monday off so I won't have the dog or kids until next Tuesday.  Not too much on my agenda.  The usual....jigsaw puzzle, crossword puzzles, sewing, reading, videos, yard work, counted cross stitch, knitting, computer, and whatever else I can find to stay out of trouble.

Well, it's after 4 so I guess I'll head out to the kitchen and get going on that chili. By the way, if you want to really another blog (one that is actually very interesting) try out Mary Norton's niece in Africa. Allison Tjemsland writes really really well.
http/allisoninmoz@blogspot.com  You'll have to write this link down and type it yourself, I think.
I put a colon and two slashes after the http and then typed the rest but when I posted, the colon and slashes went away so you can't click on my link.  I don't know why.

No comments:

Post a Comment