My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Ahhhh....movies at home

I turned on my Pandora music station via my Roku this morning and had just the kind of music I was in the mood for. (Iris Dement channel and Randy Travis channel).  At some point, I decided I probably should investigate my Roku stations a little closer to see if I could use more channels.  I already have a few free things I can click on (classic movies, Disney, Crackle), and Netflix which I signed up for at $8 a month.  I love that I can stream in unlimited movies 24 hrs a day. 

Anyhow, I saw Amazon channel so I went online to sign up for that channel as well. I was a little timid at first but Joe helped walk me through the steps and now I have unlimited movies I can rent for $3.99 whenever I want them.  Once you pick a movie, you have it for 48 hrs.  Then your visa card is charged.  Since I pay $7.50 at the movie house and I'm usually  uncomfortable before the movie is over, I'm thrilled that I can  stream the movies in.  I didn't think I could do it without a house phone.

On my list of available movies right now is Midnight in Paris, Hangover Pt 2, Moneyball, Water for Elephants, Tree of Life, Bridesmaid, and The Help. I've already seen The help but I may watch it again.  I'm sure the twins are going to be excited to see the additional channels as well.  I think I'm going to sign up for Hula Plus next.

Went to the doctor this morning. Cholesterol was down but triglycerides were still way high. If I can get my act together, I should be able to lower that.  I go back in six months.

I was determined to get my three small quilts laid out with batting and backing today.  That part of the process is usually tiring for me and today was such a day.  Once I started, however, I wasn't about to stop no matter how much my feet and legs didn't want to participate in the project.  Course I wore them out beforehand by another project in my bedroom.

My bed has been squeaking to beat the band so I took off the box spring and mattress to tighten the screws on the bed frame and then turned the mattress and put on fresh sheets.  Irritates me how jobs like that used to be a piece of cake but nowadays it's a major undertaking.  But then, everything seems to take me a little longer--sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, yard work, cooking....the list is endless.

I just stuck a cornish game hen in the oven so at least dinner will be kind of easy tonight. I found a box of stovetop dressing in the pantry so I think I'll fix that up instead of potatoes.

Got a note on Facebook this morning that a friend died on Sunday.  Sad to hear that as I always liked Harry Gauthier. He used to walk to school with my dad and I worked with him at the mill.  I'd been sending him postcards a few times a week.

I took a few pictures yesterday and today.

                                      back yard was frosty looking yesterday morning
                                             roof looked frosty too
 And here I am taking a picture of my shadow. I obviously have time on my hands.
 saw a cartoon on Facebook that I thought was funny so I took a picture of my lost socks

 this is the fifties puzzle me and Hunter are working on. It's really a fun one. I set up the footstool nearby to keep extra pieces on.  Sammy came running in the house and thought he'd jump up on the stool instead of the couch.  His feet went sliding and so did a few puzzle pieces. I think he was surprised. I know I was and I yelled at him to leave my puzzle alone!

 here he is under a blanket in his bed. I guess I have a tendency to spoil him as I fix the blanket to make a cave out of it
Here's my black t-shirt that I ruined. I stuck it in the bleached white laundry today hoping I could turn it whiter but it didn't work at all.  How do I get rid of the ugly or is there even a way?  You'd think I would know that.  I think if I put it in a sink of bleach water, I'd probably just turn it uglier.  I guess it's gonna have to be my working outside, painting, washing the car shirt.

I had to laugh at Sammy yesterday. I took him for a walk down the alley to meet the kids and a few houses down are two very large and noisy dogs who bark bark bark at anything that moves in the alley. Sammy stayed away from that side of the fence and we passed on by.  Coming back, however, we were with Maddie and Hunter and all of sudden, Mr. Sammy is Mr. Brave and he charges at the fence to bark bark bark at the bullies on the other side.  Made me laugh.  I guess he felt tougher with "his people."  ha ha ha

Got some pictures in the mail today that I had sent to a cousin a few years ago. Sure wish I was this size again.
Well, I guess that's it for today. Looking over my calendar shows that I have a pretty boring life. But that's okay.  I'm taking a friend in Sequim to breakfast on Monday as I have an early morning eye doctor appt. Otherwise, all I see is return library books and set out the trash. Think I'll add: "go bike riding."  Yeah, that's a plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment