My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Sunday morning

                                                                               Yeah, this is me!
Woke up with a dang blasted cramp in my calf this morning. Right in the middle of a very strange dream too!  Can't help but wonder if I didn't bring it on myself because I ate a banana right before pulling the covers over me last night.  I didn't think I was thinking about leg cramps, though; I just saw the banana and it looked pretty tasty so I ate it. (story of my life)

I just finished breakfast and have got my easy listening music tuned in on the tv set via Pandora. I've programmed in half a dozen channels on Pandora and I generally fire it up first thing in the morning---after I listen to the news stories and realize yet again that most of them irritate me or I've already heard about the subject twice before!  Like Whitney Houston.

I choose my background music depending on my activity at the time (or the mood I'm in). If I'm writing or working a crossword puzzle, I need easy listening like Frank Sinatra or Roger Williams.  Other times I might choose doo-wop from the fifties, Johnny Cash, Waylon, Dylan, or Iris Dement.  The volume often gets cranked up a ways too. Good thing I don't live in an apartment.

My to-do list for today includes washing dishes and cleaning the refrigerator shelves. Isn't that exciting? I'll get to them as soon as I finish up this post.  Once that chore is completed, I'll listen to the last cassette of the audio book I managed to get  hooked on (The Sunday Wife). I've got three quilts sewn together but have to finish up the edges this week.
Nothing fancy; just using up material scraps.

I've been putting off moving my laptop into the living room and working with it while seated at my recliner.  For whatever reason, it intimidated me to take it out of this office.  Not sure why. Probably just because I'm dorky that way!  Anyhow, I unplugged it and carted it to the tv table near my chair. Easy as pie and I'll never know for sure why I was timid about it. Partly, I suppose, because I don't understand the concept of how it can work without being plugged in.  Even as I type those words, I realize how silly it is.  I've carried around portable devices most of my life so what's the big deal?

I've  missed the last two episodes of Southland and couldn't find them listed as repeats anywhere so I searched online and finally found them at a TNT website.  You  had to be a paying member of the club to view so I browsed around some more and found it on Amazon. Still cost me $1.99 but I wanted to see the show enough to go ahead and put it on my card. I'll just have to pay closer attention when I'm taping from now on and not pick the WRONG channel to record.

I also looked over the movies available on Amazon to stream in for $3.99 and I think I'm going to go ahead and rent them throughout this month.  I checked out each movie on IMDB to see what it was about, the rating it got, and the reviews.  My list is long, though, so I may have to stretch out my movie-watching over three months or more. I found 17 movies I wanted to see and that's about $70 worth.  I'll think about it.

Gees, but this room heats up fast when I have the heater on.  Gets too warm and then I have to get up and turn off the thermastat.  Before I know it, I'm cold again. Perhaps a blanket around my legs would solve the problem.  Duh.....

I got a message on my last blog post from the lady who bought our pink house and she shared her blog of the remodel work they've done.  FASCINATING!  If she says okay, I'll post her link on here.  Looking at her photos propelled me into searching for a couple of old newspaper articles I had saved about two other families that had bought homes we lived in beforehand.  I should have known better to go on that hunt.
Okay.... the link to the pink house (now the yellow house) is: http://pattonoldhouse.blogspot.com/

Once I started, I couldn't stop and I came upon a notebook FULL of newspaper clippings, photos, memorabilia, etc. that I really need to get in some kind of order.  I'm thinking maybe I should just make it a project and scan everything in.  Oh Lord!  What am I saying?!  I've got so much....little tidbits I found interesting on this and that, a ton of mill articles, car accidents, murders, retirements, deaths, remember when photos...it's endless.  Interesting and fun for me but probably of little interest to my kids once they came across it and had to dispose of my personal "stuff." 

Yeah, I'd best decide what I want to do with my memories.  Putting everything on disk sounds like a plan but ohhhhhh....so much work.  I'll think on it.  Came across a box of old magazines and newspapers too.  Just can't bear to dispose of them.  Old Life magazines, a couple Nat'l Geographic, old comics, Hit Parader, a love magazine from the 50's, old TV guides, People.

I wouldn't consider myself a hoarder as my collection is confined to one box that I can still lift but sooner or later, I'm going to have to come to some kind of decision on what to do with my little treasures.  This is how I keep myself busy in my retirement years.  Okay. I've proscratinated to the point where it's gonna be noon before I know it. Time to get that kitchen in order.

Made a big pan of stew last night so at least I don't have to cook.  Tomorrow morning is an eye doctor appt. early in Sequim, and breakfast with a friend at Ihop. That is the extent of the activities on my weekly calendar unless you count "take out the trash" and "return library books".   Next week (the 25th) looks even worse--attend a funeral in Port Townsend.  Sigh........

No comments:

Post a Comment