My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

February already

The days, weeks, months, and years certainly seem to pass a whole lot faster since I've  become a senior citizen.  I've kind of just dinged around all morning. Did run down and get my blood drawn at 7:45 so the doctor can verify next week at my appt that "yes, I am still eating ice cream." 

I went to Safeway later in the morning. Didn't actually need anything except lotto tickets but I browsed through the aisles anyhow.  I did resist buying ice cream but I spent 99 cents on a chocolate cake mix. Have half of it baking now. I often use half a cake mix at a time. Doesn't seem to matter if I use two eggs instead of 1-1/2 eggs but I still cut down the water and oil, of course.

I made a walk-thru at Serenity House as well. Wanted to see if they had any posterboard or something I could use to mount my latest jigsaw puzzle on.  I finished it this morning and hate the thought of putting it back in the box.  I did find a $7 frame with posterboard that I'm thinking might work.  We'll see once I try to put the glass or plastiglass back on.

Does anybody know if you can use Pampered Chef baking stones on top of the stove?  I have a large grill that sits on two burners for pancakes and such but sometimes I just want a little area to cook on. I hesitate to use the stone but can't find if it's for oven use only.

I'm going to play with my new scanner and see if I can't figure out how to scan in my various pieces of paper needed to do my taxes. My daughter does them every year and says if I can send her attachments, I don't even need to bother with snail mail.  If I can't get it to do what I want, I'll plug in my old computer and use my other scanner.

My daughter Sue and I are meeting up at 6:45 to see a movie downtown tonight.  Liam Neeson in The Grey.  Tomorrow I'm driving into Sequim to pick up Mary Norton and we'll head to Port Townsend for some quick stops and lunch at Point Hudson with another friend.

Here's two trailer movies showing how my tastes have changed from my younger years to now...




No comments:

Post a Comment