My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Starting the week....again

Doing better this morning.  Got a  bit more sleep and I'm sure that is contributing.  Am confident, also, that the bathroom isn't going to be the place I spend the most time today.  Whatever was ailing my tummy (suspect some food) has cleared up and life is good. Decided to lay off coffee for a few days (or longer if I'm able) to see if my body fares better.

I'm also experimenting with shoe inserts again.  After spending $50 on new inserts, the one little metatarsal pad the doctor glued under one insole continues to plague me to such a degree that I'm limping and uncomfortable from the minute I put my shoe on. I'm keeping the pad in there but I've fashioned another little cushion on top of it, and I'm hoping that will do the trick.  I have three small quilts I want to put batting and backing on today and you pretty much have to do that on your feet.  I'm also determined to get Sammy out for a daily walk so do or die, it's gonna happen.

Yesterday I taught myself how to use the program on my laptop that allows me to print one or a whole page of labels.  I was surprised at how easy it was. For whatever reason, though, the pictures showing you how to print a certain size envelope don't seem to run true.  You can print face up or down and in several positions on the printer but I think some of the diagrams are incorrect as they continue to print the envelope upside down.  I know it's not me.
I still have to experiment with the scanner controls.  I'm sure it will scan in my cross stitch patterns and give me a picture I can work with but I haven't been able to print off a workable pattern yet.  Could just be my old scanner will be the better option.

Gotta prepare a couple of postcards for mailing now.  Sure am pleased that I found such a huge supply to draw from.  I need to make a postoffice run down to the local grocery store too.

I watched an old movie called Marooned last night. (1969)  It wasn't the greatest movie but it was still fun to watch some of the old stars, most of whom are gone now....Gregory Peck, David Janssen, Richard Crenna, and James Franciscus.

Gonna have to activate both VCRs  tonight as there are 4 shows I want to see...Southland, Justified, The River, and Unforgettable.

Obit notes:
Perry Como: May 18, 1912 -May 12, 2001 Retired to FL with his wife of 60 years. After sharing ice cream with his daughter and grandson, Perry laid down for a nap and died of natural causes at 88. Buried in Tequesta, FL

Waylon Jennings: June 15, 1937 - Feb 13, 2002 Waylon was a lifelong sufferer of diabetes and had a foot amputated in 2001. He died at age 64 of the disease and is buried in Mesa, AZ.

No comments:

Post a Comment