My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Friday, February 17, 2012

What should I do today?

Since I didn't feel like doing up the dishes last night (didn't even feel like loading them into the dishwasher to hide them away), guess what my first job was this morning.  They're half done now; I go in there in spurts and wash a few more. Down to one pan and the silverware.  Then my day is free and clear.  I'm leaning towards sorting pictures on my laptop (a never ending chore as I keep adding more and more stuff) or just settling in to do some writing.

I ought to try again to hook up my tape transferring gadget I got for Xmas. I thought putting the disc in would be the least of my troubles but seems I have to go to a website first and read up on how the disc works.  It doesn't just d/l onto my hard drive. I apparently have to put it on a thumbdrive or another disc. I think.  Aggravates me that things can't be simple and easy anymore.

Heard on the news this morning that the post office now feels 45 cents isn't enough for a first class stamp so they want 50 cents.  Seems to me they should fire their accountants and get someone in there who knows how to read a spreadsheet and interpret numbers.  I also think it's probably time for the government to get out of the business and hand the reins over to private enterprise.  I could figure out lots of ways to save money at the post office.

For one thing, we don't need 6-day service. And we don't need to eliminate Saturday delivery only. Make mail delivery a two or three day event. My mailbox is filled up with a ton of catalogs and flyers and other junk that go straight to the recycle bin.  Yesterday I mailed a birthday gift across the country and the box was not heavy.  It cost me $11.  I also mailed a large manila envelope to Seattle (again, not heavy) and it cost over $4.  Add that to the two birthday cards I mailed first class and you get an idea of how much that little stop cost me.

I'd probably buy more online and in catalogs if the shipping costs weren't so out of line.  I wanted to get a pen I saw on tv but the charge for shipping it was a flat fee covering the heavier and bigger items they wanted you to buy as well.  No way was I paying $10 or $12 to have a pen delivered.

Woke up at 4 a.m. with a calf cramp.  I was in the middle of a dream and as usual, it was a strange one.  Kay Dudleston (who is the younger sister of a woman I graduated with--and who I know better than Kay herself) was in this 1920's flapper outfit with a band on her head and she looked really cute. I saw her on the steps of the high school near the door that leads over to the annex and I stopped to talk to her. I asked her where she lived now and she said "down by the river."  Then I started to get a cramp and I told her to please help me, I'm going to fall down as my leg hurts.  I fell down and woke up.    Yeah, I haven't got too much to yak about on my blog today.  ha ha

As much as I hate the thought of searching yet again, I think I'm going to start hunting for another doctor. Just haven't been satisfied with the one I have. Too much indifference and you can only tolerate that for a certain length of time before you realize a change is necessary.   I think I've been going to her for about a year and half and everytime I leave the office, I wonder why I continue to make another appointment.  Because it's a damn hassle to find another doctor, that's why!  Many won't take new patients so you're forced to settle.  At least you are in this town. With what I pay for medical insurance, though, I think I'll continue to look around until I find someone suitable. 

I don't think I'm being too picky either.  Actually, I'm fairly easy going and wouldn't consider myself a difficult patient.  I do feel, however, that I have a right to feel I'm being looked after without this feeling I generally have as I leave the office. I'd even settle for a physcian's asst or a nurse practicitioner.  Now I have to figure out how to find somebody.  Sigh.....

Okay. Back to the kitchen to finish off those dishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment