My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Friday, February 24, 2012

Watching movies & rearranging

Except for Ken Branagh in My Life With Marilyn, I've seen all the movies that the list of best supporting actors have been in.  Sometimes I wonder who exactly decides on these nominations. I'll have to look that up.  I suspect the choices are sometimes just because the guy is getting up there in years and has been around forever.  Of the four I've watched, I didn't think any were all that special. They were okay. Just not Oscar material.  But that's just my opinion, of course, and what do I know?

I think Plummer will probably get the nod but I've been fond of Nick Nolte since his '76 role in Rich Man, Poor Man.  Loved that show! The two movies I got from Red Box were Warrior and Beginners. I'd give them C's.

I posted on my Leader blog yesterday but that was about all I got accomplished. Hunter finished up our Fifties puzzle. I hate to take it apart; it's so much fun to look at.
It's 9 a.m. and I just drove the 3 miles over to Albertsons to return my two movies. Looked over their selections but couldn't find any I was really anxious to see right now.  I'll wait until the Oscars are done and more movies go to video.

Decided I wanted a change in my decor (what else is new?) so I'm taking the two beds apart and switching them to new bedrooms. Thought I'd try sleeping on the double bed again to see if it helps me feel any better in the morning,  Since the single bed will be set up in the spare bedroom now, I think I might set up my sewing machine and "stuff" at the same time. I wasn't going to sew for a while but already I'm finding some mending I need to do and some projects I might want to play around with.  I guess I can write, sew, knit,, read, exercise, and research genealogy all at the same time.  I am super woman, after all.  hee hee

Got a text message from Mary saying they'd arrived in Costa Rica. Her email read:

Hola!  Made it here to Costa Rica.  Flights were great.  Customs were a breeze and a taxi outside took us straight to our hotel.  Beautiful gardens.  Cool birds chirping.   Its dark so we'll explore in the morning.  We are two hours ahead.  Two pics she sent....


I'm counting on Hunter to help me after school take the bed apart and switch them.  I probably won't have the energy today but next week maybe?....I want to move my bookcases from the hallway

over to this living room wall where I'd take down the quilts (made by Lill) and move them to the hallway entrance wall. Catie is coming over at the end of March to pick up the brown loveseat below so my front room will open up a lot more.

I'm also thinking I might change my bedroom wall and put up different pictures. I'll take down these...

and either replace them with this....


or maybe my PT pics in the kitchen....




Just noticed those damn pigeons pigging out on my bird seed again. What's the solution anyway? I don't want to feed pigeons and crows. I want little birds.  Seed switch maybe? 



Sammy noticed I had the sliding glass door ajar to get a picture and he went roaring out there to tell them to get lost.  They took off fast and he came back in the house satisified that his work there was done.   Ha!

Well, washer just turned off so time to work on the laundry and get back to editing.

No comments:

Post a Comment