My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Monday, February 27, 2012

Why is this so hard?

I can usually find what I want on a computer search but for some reason, I can't seem to locate a good map place.  I want to look, for example, at a map of Wa. State or Or State.  Something you can study without having to squint or do a lot of manuvering around.

Even trying to find a large wall map to buy is kind of difficult. I guess because I don't want to pay $20 and up.  Anybody know of a fun website?  Maybe something for kids even?  I've tried google maps but I think I need to study how to search a little better. I'd also like a good US map.  I have an road atlas but I want something else.

I'd love to take a winter drive (not snowy or icy or rainy weather) to the ocean.  It means an  hour and a half to Sekiu which "I think" is the closest I could get.  Am I wrong?  I just want to beach comb a bit, take pictures, have lunch, come home.  Oh, and I don't want to drive.   I want somebody to take me. But I'd gladly pay gas.  (and that's huge these days!)  I just filled up my tank for $53.

Any takers?

I spent most of today editing my book. Finally called it quits and hopped on my outdoor bike for 20 minutes+.  Darn cold out there too!  Gonna go make some homemade chicken noodle soup now and maybe watch The Waltons or Little House.

No comments:

Post a Comment