My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Lazy day....sorta...

It was one of those days where I couldn't seem to get myself going. I couldn't think of anything to write about so went off in various directions trying to settle in. Maybe I'll do better tomorrow.  Since the library opens at 10 a.m. everyday now, I decided to take a run up there and look at microfilm of old Leaders.  I browsed through 1960, taking little notes of this and that to share with Linda P later on.  I sat there for two hours. Couldn't believe it.

I also was looking for a book on maps.  What I want is a map of the U.S. and I can't seem to find what I'm looking for.  Even the librarians were of little help.  I went online to search for wall maps but the cheapest was $20 and I didn't want it that bad.  I searched through the books at Serenity House and Goodwill to no avail.  Kind of odd, I thought. You wouldn't think a US map was that obscure.

I think it was my day to have futile searches, though.  I also went to several places looking for needlepoint material and thread and patterns.  Couldn't find a thing. Even at Joanne's (which says a whole lot about their stocking abilities)  They had plastic stitch and cross stitch and a lot of yarn but no needlepoint.  I only wanted something simple to practice on to see how I liked it.

I had a Subway gift card from Xmas so I stopped there to buy lunch.  Picked up a turkey breast sub sandwich and had half of it toasted.  Will have the second half for lunch tomorrow.  All my stops were in the rain so I was kind of chilled by the time I got home.  I've been a little tired all day so I curled up in the recliner to watch a movie from amazon.

Decided on "Tree of Life" since it's nominated for an Oscar. Starred Brad Pitt and Sean Penn.  Way over my head with its artsy fartsy theme.  I liked it okay but there's no way it will win and I wouldn't recommend it unless you're in the mood for a movie that you have to try and interpret. I think I'll rent Hangover II and Bridesmaids next. I know I can figure those out.

I sure am sick of hearing about Whitney Houston.  Yes, it was sad she died young. Yes, it's "a tad mysterious" how she died but ....... lots of people with addiction problems die everyday.  The media seems to thrive on deaths of celebrities.  The coverage overload makes me wonder just how satisfying their jobs are on a daily basis.  Enough already.  There's a lot of news all around the world. Report on it and spare us the details of the rich and famous who the majority of us couldn't care less about!

Gag me with a spoon!  (as a Valley Girl would say)

I taped the Grammys and watched them last night.  Loved Adele (as everyone else did) and thought Bruno Mars was pretty darn good too. Normally I like Paul McCartney but I didn't like his chosen music this time. Some of the performers were trying to outdo Lady Gaga.  It's probably my age.

I didn't care for Taylor Swift and found her coyness annoying when she got a standing ovation and seemed ever so surprised. Tony Bennett and Carrie Underwood were pretty good as were Aldean and Clarkson. Rhianna didn't impress and can't say that Foo Fighters or Cold Play made me want to run out and buy their music.  Too much showing off overall.

Well, I guess  I've complained about enough subjects for now.  Think I'll heat up a bowl of stew, and wait for Bill O'Reilly to come on so I can complain about him too.  I like him most of the time but he does have a tendency to make everything about him.

1 comment:

  1. your secret admirer wishes you a Happy Valentines Day from Hawaii..

    ReplyDelete