My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Friday, February 3, 2012

Old Pictures & Newer Stuff

Picked up Mary Norton about 10:10 yesterday morning and we were off to Port Townsend. Stopped to pick up my sister-in-law, Lill, and then drove over to Linda Pedersen's to pick up some Harry Potter books that she had for Hunter.  Which reminds me...I need to send out an email about his rope jumping for the Heart Assn.  (be prepared if you're in my address book)

We stopped by the Research Center on the Airport Cutoff but I wasn't able to find what I was looking for. Next we dropped in at my sister's apartment at Claridge Court so I could give her some zippers she needed for the bags she's making.  She showed me her finished supply so far and they are really great! I bought two of them to use as gifts.

We met up with Ev Muehlethaler and Patricia Willestoft for lunch down at Point Hudson. I've been experimenting with my camera settings on my computer program and ended up trying this mode. Think I lost the color one but you get an idea of how our corner looked.

 
I picked up a Leader while in town and was pleased to see all the old pictures in the Who's Who booklet enclosed.  I just love looking at old photos and have scanned in some of them to post here.
                                                             Aldrich's around 1926
                                                                         The Ax Men



                                                              School kids in Shine
Still waiting to get IDs on this bowling group. Ed McMinn in center and Gladys Rustad on far right.

I took about 30 photos yesterday but most I deleted when I got home. Needed to have a few to experiment around with trying to learn my camera settings and printer/scanner.  My new scanner doesn't scan in newspaper pictures very good so I'm glad I've kept my old one connected to my old computer.  At least I can't find a place on the new one to make the pictures clear enough to share. Below are a few I took here and there.

 My latest jigsaw puzzle. It's a print by C.F. Payne called 'Classic Rock'. I found a $7 frame at Serenity House and decided it was cute enough to hang.
The last of my snow on Ground Hogs Day. All gone now.
 The road heading up to Jenni's house
 Jen and Wayne's place a couple blocks from my house
 Sitting at the light at Lincoln & Front Street in downtown Port Angeles
 Cool looking tree  at Pt. Hudson
 3 plants I've got in my bathtub hoping they'll perk up as spring gets closer.
This is the one on the right in the picture above. I think it's going to sprout some leaves soon.

I went to see 'The Grey' Wednesday night. I was all ready to be entertained but I didn't think it was that great. I got up as soon as the credits started and I found out later via FB that the real ending was after the credits!  That irritates me all to hell!  How dare they pull such a stunt!  Normally I sit through the credits or at least most of them but I didn't this time because I was so disgusted with the ending. Not worth the price of a ticket but that's just my opinion.

Jenni dropped off the dog this morning and said the kids were fighting again. They got put on restriction last week because of their constant bickering. Anyhow, seems the girls (6th graders) have taken to fighting among themselves like girls that age will do.  The drama never ends.  Jen told me they now call each other names in sign language.  Hunter picked up on it right away and now him and Maddie are signing stuff to each other like bitch, whore, and slut.  Yes, we're ever so proud.

Well, it's looking  awfully nice out today. Think I'll surprise Sammy with a walk around the block. Nothing planned for the weekend except writing, sewing, watching tv, and maybe pushing the bike out of the garage to see if I can convince my knees that it doesn't matter how old they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment