My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Computer aggravations

I've definitely got a love/hate relationship with this computer.  I love it most of the time but when it "acts up" for no apparent reason and I find myself in panic mode trying to get it back, I hate that I've allowed it to have this power over me.

Yesterday I managed to get my tape transfer gadget connected to my laptop so I could hear music but I couldn't locate the area to play around with the music and separate each song into their own cuts, etc.  I finally gave up and thought I'd try again today.  I booted up the computer this morning and discovered I had no sound.  I did everything I could possibly think of to remedy it and finally decided on a lark to disable the tape gadget program because that was the only new thing I could think of that might have made a difference.

It could very well be that didn't have a thing to do with it but since my sound returned, I'm assuming it was related. Wish I could remember if the kids were on Youtube at all yesterday because if they were and they had sound, then I know the tape program wasn't the issue.  I'm not going to worry about it now.  I have to move on.

Looked over the tv lineup for Saturday and found little of interest.  I'll probably tape Gaither Gospel Music and Grand Ole Opry and I might tape 'Female Lockup' on the TLC this afternoon.  Some of those jail programs are interesting.  Especially when you know someone in lockup. My half sister back east is awaiting trial for murder.  Yep!  I'm finding that fact very interesting indeed.

Another show I've been watching on The Learning Channel is 'My 600-lb life'.  Very sad but totally engrossing too.  And amazing to see the transformations that occur a year or more later.  This is a good show to educate those of us who have an eating disorder. (that's what I'm calling mine)

A few days ago I happened to drive by the Masonic Hall in downtown Port Angeles and I saw a ton of cars and trucks parked in areas all around the block.  I knew immediately what was going on as I've seen this everytime The Gun & Knife Show opens up.  I keep thinking I need to go inside one of these times just to see what the attraction is--and to see all the people it's attracted.  It might be the ideal place to find a fella.  ha ha ha

Got my AARP Magazine this week and read they were recommending 'The Hunger Games' for adult reading.  The series is actually aimed at a younger audience but AARP thought adults would enjoy them too.  I agree. I read it and intend to read the next book in the series.  My granddaughter loves the stories and has been encouraging me to read them all.

A couple days ago I decided it was time to do a really icky job and clean the sink drain in the bathroom.  The water has been running real slow even though I used Drano.  I don't know why I was so long getting to the job. I think I was afraid I wouldn't be able to get the workings back on track again.  Anyhow, I cleaned it out using rubber gloves and an old toothbrush and now my drains are running fast.  Funny the things that bring a sense of accomplishment these days.

I had the twins for dinner a couple nights back and Hunter asked me afterwards if I had salted the green beans. So glad he asked because I hadn't but I thought they were too salty as well.  I took a second look at the can and made a mental note to not buy that brand again.  It was a store label but I can't remember now if it was Walmart, Safeway, or Albertsons.  I'm going to have to look next time I'm out and about in the canned vegetable aisles.  I'm thinking Walmart.

I've actually been trying to buy food with no salt or reduced salt in an effort to change the way I eat. You can eliminate salt from your diet but it takes a whole lot of work if you want to eliminate all of it because salt is in everything.  If I can eliminate sweets, white flour, white sugar, and bread I'd be on my way.  But alas, just typing those words makes me want to go make some homemade doughnuts. Ha ha

Well, I was going to post a video on here but now my right click on my mouse doesn't seem to want to operate.  There must be a message here somewhere.  Think I'll grab my umbrella and make a trek out to the mailbox and see if there's anything interesting awaiting me.  Sure is coming down hard today. Good excuse to lay low.

No comments:

Post a Comment