My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Later in the day....

Whew.....I need a break.  Just got my jammies on even though it's only 4:30 in the afternoon.  I seldom have drop-in company anyway.  Or should I say I hardly EVER have drop-in company.  Everybody's home on their computer or in front of their tv or out living their life.  Ha!  I actually don't have many pals in Port Angeles but that's my fault.  I haven't made much of an effort to get out and about.  I'll have to think on that one.

I stuck with it all afternoon and finished sewing up the borders on my three quilts.  They're all stacked in the bedroom with (I think) maybe three baby quilts as well.  I really need to find recipients for my quilts but I'm reluctant to gift them to anybody who sews.  I've never been real secure and confident about my handiwork.  My kids have already said they don't want any more cross stitch.  ha ha

I did make the decision to put my sewing on the back burner for a while.  I moved my sewing table, sewing machine, ironing board, material bins and all my equipment to the back bedroom. (the catch all)  Put the card table in the corner that has the jigsaw puzzle in process, and I must say, the kitchen does look a whole lot uncluttered.

I still want to work on some applique patterns but I'm gonna wait a few weeks (or even months) and see if I can't get some writing projects underway.  I've been thinking about it for a while now and need to focus.  Writing on my blogs keeps the energy flowing in that direction but I'm starting to use them as an excuse to get out of other things I keep meaning to concentrate on.  It's become very comfortable to just sit down and chat on a daily basis.  And I'll continue to do that because it's my way of connecting with the world.

My socializing has changed over the years, but then I think a lot of people socialize differently in this techy world today. When you don't have to leave the house to go to work, it's very easy to rely on the computer to keep you connected. I don't twitter and texting is still kinda hard for me but I post on Facebook every once in a while and I log on daily or sometimes several times a day just to see if there  are any new pictures or events going on.  I imagine there's still a lot to Facebook I haven't discovered yet. 

I used to play certain games on pogo but those have kind of been put on the back burner for the most part. I was playing scrabble on Facebook  but got discouraged with the 2-word dictionary they used. When aa is a valid word, the fun is kinda gone.  I'm playing with my grandson now, however.  I also have a scrabble computer game I used to play on a daily basis but for whatever reason, I've gotten out of the habit.

Well, think I'll turn off the laptop for a while and entertain myself in front of the boob tube.

I also know I need to start searching for new and interesting things online. There's a ton of fun stuff undiscovered.

No comments:

Post a Comment