My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Better now...

Well, the phantom bug crawls on my lower leg continued throughout the day but finally lessened in early evening, much to my delight.  I guess I'm just going to have to accept the fact that my body will continue to cause me grief in one form or another from here until the day I'm allowed to leave.  And those of you who read my blog will have to resign yourself to those times when I have a need to share whatever is going on at the time.  When you live alone and don't have "a real live person" to bounce stuff off of, you have to find an outlet elsewhere.  My blog (or daily journal as it's become) is my way to communicate. A whole lot of the details I write here are boring, silly, stupid, unusual, and nutty but it still gives me a place to refer back to when I'm trying to remember what went on when.

Today I'm going to spend most of the day writing.  I have editing to do on my book, a letter to write, this blog to finish, and I need to start a piece for my Leader blog too.  Interesting letter from my half sister in Penn. yesterday. I had asked her about how her days are spent and what her activities consist of as she serves her prison sentence.

I'm looking forward to the Oscars on Sunday.  I've managed to watch a few more movies than usual thanks to Red Box, Netflix, Amazon.com, and my trips to the movie theatre.  This morning I looked up what is available on Red Box and noticed a few of the movies on my list. Hugo and J. Edgar are coming on Feb. 28th. Red Box is a good way to see the flicks too.  Only cost $1.30 on your debit or credit card.  I needed to make a quick Albertsons run this morning for yogurt and bananas so I stopped at their two Red Boxes to browse. 

Found two that the lead stars are up for best supporting actor--Nick Nolte in Warrior and Christopher Plummer in Beginners. Looking forward to watching both of them later today/tonight.  Hard to tell who is going to win best supporting this year as they're all pretty good.  My guess is Christopher Plummer and George Clooney will probably win for The Descendants.  Best actress might go to Meryl Streep, of course, but Michelle Williams or Viola Davis could snag it as well. 

I haven't seen The Artist (and will wait for it to come out on video as it doesn't interest me that much) but I'm guessing it could win.  The Descendants could also win, I suppose.  Movies I wish I had seen beforehand but will have to watch later include Albert Nobbs, Tinker Tailer Solder Spy, Hugo, and Iron Lady.

My 1000-piece jigsaw puzzle on The Fifties will be finished up today.  Man, but that was a fun one! I'm leaving the last of it for Hunter this afternoon since he's put so much effort into the completion.

Laughed out loud at Modern Family last night.  My favorite (he makes me laugh EVERY WEEK) is Eric Stonestreet, the chubby gay partner.  I also love Sofia Vergara and her son, Rico Rodriquez.  My favorite part last night was him on the floor with the tupperware bowl he'd located.  ha ha ha ha

Well, the Port Angeles gunman took his own life yesterday. Lot of excitement in town.  Comments at the grocery store where I'd made a quick run for a mega ticket were not mixed at all.  A guy came in saying the shooter had just committed suicide. Everyone said Good!

Here's a video I received from Pete Schweitzer in Vancouver, WA ... Interesting.....

No comments:

Post a Comment