My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Friday, February 17, 2012

Settling in now

The morning has slipped by quickly.  Seems to happen a lot these days.  I finally figured out how to hook up my "tape gadget" and I was able to listen to a tape using the earphones.  Unfortunately, though, that's as far as I got.  It's going to be baby steps trying to figure out how to get the music onto my laptop.  Sooner or later....I hope.

I started cleaning out various files on my hard drive and came across all the blogs I had written on the Leader for "Be true to your school".  As I looked over the material, I saw I had almost 36,000 words on 78 separate posts. They covered two years and I think I've found my next project.

I started sorting them by topic (teachers, alumni, sports, cheerleaders, yearbook, etc.) and if I can figure out how I want to tie it all together, I'm going to put together my next book.  I've got a whole lot of editing to do as I can't use everything but......I think what I can use is sufficient for a fun read.  Will probably take me a while but this is how I keep busy.

Time for lunch....tuna sandwich I think.  I did have a glass of rootbeer yesterday and the day before and I suspect that might have contributed to my leg cramp this morning.  I've been thinking there was a link between soft drinks and my cramps.

Seems like I've been having cramps all my life.  ha ha ha ha ha  (if you get my drift)  Silly me.

No comments:

Post a Comment