My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Da Do Run Run



I've been playing scrabble on Facebook with Hunter (who is beating me) and on his last entry (diuron)
he told me he saw that word in a Harry Potter book. I need to tell him that I already knew that word from a song by the Crystals.  Or at least a word similar to it.   ha ha ha ha ha ha

It's  early but already my day has gotten off to a kind of icky poo start.  I pulled out the trash bin from the side of the house to put it near the back fence so I'd remember to put it out before going to bed. Pickup is every two weeks on early Friday morning but I don't always have to pull the recycle bin out too as it can often go for a month. They're large garbage cans.  Anyhow, I did all this in my pajamas and slippers in the pouring down rain. Decided since I was already out there, I might as well rummage around in the garbage for something I thought maybe I threw away by accident.  Nothing like working your way through wet soggy garbage before you've even had your coffee. 

And I never did find the item.  I've searched the kitchen twice looking for the black rubber seal I took off the blender yesterday.  I even reached around inside the garbage disposal and up under the rubber seal of that (really icky!).  Very puzzling where that seal went but I'm not giving up!  As if all this wasn't enough, I had to clean the bottom of my tennis shoe with a wire brush because caked on dog poop was there.  (another icky poo)  Of course I didn't realize it until I walked around the house. Now I have to vacuum. 

I really need to think about shampooing the carpets too.  At least the living room. I keep a lot of long runners covering the main walkways but winter nights always seems to make you notice the dirt spots. I do have a shampooer so maybe I'll put that on my to-do list.  If I limit myself to the living room and main walk areas, I think I can manage.

And the reason I was walking around outside when I stepped in dog poo was to take a couple shots of my tulips that are sprouting.


I spent a couple hours at the library yesterday looking at 1960 issues of the PT Leader on microfilm. Found this clipping, among other things.....  (click to enlarge)

Well, the dryer just turned off so I guess I'll fold the laundry and see to that vacuuming task.  Have to make a quick post office run too but thankfully, just to the corner grocery store substation.  I posted on my Leader blog yesterday but the picture I included hasn't been put on there yet. Shows some manly men at our 25th reunion at the house on Rose Street. (1986)
blogs--Town Kid--The Rose St. House

And thinking of my step-mom, Marcella, today. It was her birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment