My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Sunday around the house

Trying something new....let me know if you hate it.


I've started and stopped this blog a couple times already this morning.  Start to type something and then decide nahhhh....that's even more boring than usual.  I'd probably be ahead of the game to just walk away and not write anything but I've still got coffee in the cup and I don't feel like doing dishes or any of the other little chores awaiting me.  Like exercise.  Yeah, that's probably it in a nutshell...I don't want to exercise.  So what else is new?  But I'm going to...do or die!  I'm going to. Today's the day.  Wonder how many times I've said that in the last few decades. Too many to count.  Ha!

I've got my Pandora music channel playing over the TV set.  Johnny Cash right now.  I think I'll finish up here, load the dishwasher, get on the exercise bike, and then settle in again to start editing my book.

Notes from my obit bios volume:

Jim Croce:  Jan 10,1943-Sept. 20, 1973
Jim and four members of his band were on a small chartered airplane when it clipped a pecan tree on takeoff. After his death, sales of his music tripled and his signature songs became mainstays of classic rock stations--Bad Bad Leroy Brown, Don't mess around with Jim.....Sadly, he never lived to enjoy this popularity. He's buried in Frazer, PA.

Bill Haley: July 6, 1925-Feb. 9, 1981  Bill is probably the true father of rock music with his song Rock around the clock. He died in his sleep of a heart attack at home in Harlingen, TX. He was cremated and his ashes remain with his family.  (Harlingen, by the way, is where an old teacher of mine now lives..Mary McMinn--She's had a couple of strokes and is failing but she's heading towards age 96 come April 1st.

Just looked over the TV lineup for tonight and looks like two things worth tuning into....The Amazing Race and Downton Abbey.

My accountant daughter did my taxes yesterday and says I'll get a few hundred back this year.  YAY! Now I don't need to feel guilty about that needlepoint picture I recently took to the frame shop for stretching and framing.  I try to frame things myself when I can but sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and let the pros have the business.




You can watch other videos of these cute kids on YouTube. They're really something.

Okay...off to the kitchen to clean up the joint and jump onto that exercise bike.  I do have a James Patterson audio book I can put on to keep me company.

No comments:

Post a Comment