My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Friday, November 30, 2012

Friday - Wet Friday

Granddaughter Catie showed up around 10ish this morning. She had "work at home" work to do for a few hours so thankfully, I knew my WIFI password this time.  She's in the kitchen and I'm holed up here in the office room.  I've been keeping busy and calling on her from time to time to help with little chores. You gotta' take advantage of the young muscles when they're in your house.

We loaded up an old stereo w/speakers that was taking up room in the garage and hauled it off to the second hand store that I bought it from a few months ago.  We also made a quick Safeway run. I thought maybe the crowds would be light since it was pouring down rain but nope! Everywhere we went, it was busy.  I stopped at the corner grocery store to mail off a few packages and decided to go by Phyllis Johnson Kendall's place  (FilByGolly) as her sign was up that a sale was in progress.

I've known Phyllis & her siblings all my life and I usually stop in at her store whenever she's selling. It's a cute little place behind her home loaded with "stuff" she's picked up around the country. Crafty stuff mostly but good quality and good prices.  The rain was coming down in buckets as I parked and her two rooms of merchandise were full of customers.  I bought two Christmas presents.

I've been doing little odds and ends around the house since I got up. Changed the sheets on my bed, did a load of laundry, took out the trash, wrapped a couple gifts, took in a pair of pants, and did up the dishes.  I may make a run over to the twins' house when they get home so I can attempt to get a Christmas picture of them, Catie, the dog, and me. Wanted to do one outside but mother nature isn't helping today.

Been looking over my Xmas gift list and I think I'm down to needing to pick up two presents and I'll be done.  Not counting the cookie/bread/fudge packages I plan to make.  Am hoping to get my cards out next week and "maybe" get the house decorated a little bit throughout the next few days.

Gotta make some hummingbird nectar in a day or so two.  The birds are coming around frequently. Right now there's a seagull strutting across my driveway. Wonder what he's looking for.

48 years ago today I was in labor. Here's what the #1 song was at that time...


No comments:

Post a Comment