My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Sunday, January 20, 2013

40 YEARS AGO TODAY.....

My youngest turned 40 today.  She was born in Kirkland in 1973 and I had a terrible case of the flu. Mary and I took her a basket with a plant, stuffed animal and balloons on Friday.
I took Hunter to the Kingston ferry Friday afternoon and Jenni and I will drive back over there tomorrow to pick him up. He always has a good time at Andy & Mary's house.



I haven't come down with the flu yet and I'm keeping my fingers crossed.  Have noticed that I'm awfully tired and can take a nap at the drop of a hat.  Today I got up at 6,  and took short naps at 10 and 12. Yvonne and I decided to take in a matinee as we both felt we needed to get out of the house.

Saw 'The Silver Linings Playbook'.  It was okay but Argo was better.  Prices went  up so now we pay $8 for an afternoon showing.  The previews were so dang loud I thought I was going to get a headache. There's no reason for the sound to be that loud.  Reminds me of why I think twice to bother going.  $8 is too much and I never spend my money on their overpriced popcorn and drinks.

I moved my laptop out here to the kitchen table as I figured it would give me a better place to lay out my paperwork when I get going on genealogy.  I've started a little bit but haven't signed up for ancestry.com yet.  Waiting until I feel a little perkier.  It's not even 6 pm and I'm betting I'll be in bed way before Downton Abbey tonight.  Which reminds me..... Is Bates going to end up being guilty of murder, after all?  I thought it was a given that he was innocent but now they seem to be playing it up in the other direction.

Uh oh.... tv news is talking about flu symptoms (yet again!) and fatigue seems to be a big complaint. I've also been suffering with sinus headaches but that seems to be because of the poor air quality we we have right now.   I've got to go hook up my humidifier. Last time I  used it, it leaked all over the place and I need to see what's going on with it.

Two more pictures I wanted to share....


Johnny Cash performing for prisoners at Folsom Prison – Jan. 13th 1968

Cow shoes used by Moonshiners in the Prohibition days to disguise their footprints, 1922

No comments:

Post a Comment