My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Mr. D

I discovered this half hour situation comedy on Channel 2's Canadian station a few weeks ago and it immediately became a "must watch."  Last night Mr. D was taking his class to Boston on a field trip intending to set them off on their own so he could join a friend at a Celtics basketball game.  I found myself roaring with laughter at one scene.  I couldn't stop laughing.  Even when I realized I was laughing at a guy puking.  Yep!  I know what tickles my funny bone. The same stuff that my grandkids laugh at.  I found this clip on YouTube. 

There was another about how to grade papers.  Everybody on this show makes me laugh. Good stuff!

I spent most of yesterday sorting through my genealogy notes.  Decided I had too much stuff "all over the place" and I needed to get my files easier to find.  Took a lot of cut and paste maneuvers but I'm slowly getting there.  Unfortunately, I haven't learned the key techniques for cut and paste (and a lot of other chores) so I depend on my mouse to get me around. Which is fine except after a few hours your hand cramps up and you're forced to quit working.

I'll be working on this cut/paste part of my project for days yet. I have files on my laptop and my exterior hard drive, not to mention the dozens of photos here and there as well.  Once I get things organized to my satisfaction, I'll pick one person to hone in on adn see what I can find on ancestry.com. 

First, though, I guess I'm gonna have to go search the pill drawer for some drugs.  These dang headaches come and go and are interferring with my happiness.

Very odd dream last night (or early this morning...whatever?)  My daughter, Jenni, Martha Qualls Thomas, and Stanley Bircher were all playing drums in the high school band and I kept trying to video tape them.  I hunted for a bag pipe VHS tape I had so they could play along with it, and for some reason, the number 130 appeared.  If it wasn't raining, I'd think about heading down to buy a daily game ticket...just to see.  Course I've bought tickets before from dreams I had and it never paid off.  Still, I am known for being a slow learner so I'll think about it.  Ha!

Well, off to the bathroom to squirt stuff up my nose, drop liquid into my eyes, swallow sinus tablets,and down some vitamins.  I think I'll put a pan of water on the stove and inhale steam doused with Vicks while I'm at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment