My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Yep! It's Winter Time

Brrrr... looking white and chilly out there this Tuesday morning.  My big project for today is to get the kitchen floor swept and mopped.  Doing floors never used to be a "project" but these days any time I have floor duty, it isn't an easy task.  I'll do it in stages since my kitchen area is kind of large. Sometimes I get energetic and do the bathroom floors at the same time. And this is basically why I haven't blogged for a couple of days.  Who wants to read about me mopping the floors?!  ha ha

I posted on my Town Kid blog on the Leader website yesterday. I've done 62 posts there since August of 2011 and there are days I wonder if I'm ready to give it a rest. Hard to come up with new subjects, and I've noticed they only keep about 5 or 6 of my old posts available to read.I just commented on another blogger's website on the Leader. (Single parenting 101) She writes pretty good stuff.

I've been leaning towards signing  up for ancestry.com and I just may do that today. My cousin in Bellingham called last night (she's into genealogy) and she noticed that the death certificate for our great grandfather showed he was born in KY.  I'd never paid attention to that fact before and now we're both wondering if our Blankenship data showing our family came from VA is correct.  You wouldn't think the Blankenship name would be that difficult to track down but I discovered there are a ton of Blankenships out there and tracing the right branch of the tree can be tricky.  Which makes it all the more fun.

After watching the Golden Globes the other night, I realized there is a long list of movies I haven't seen yet.  A lot of good stuff on HBO and Showtime too, but I can't afford the premium channels.  I made a list of all the movies mentioned and checked them out on IMDB to see what they're about and the rating they got.  Little by little, I'll rent them on RedBox or Amazon.

My daughter went to see 'Life Of Pi' last week and she said it was well worth the money.  I've been anxious to see Homeland on HBO ever since it started getting awards, and yesterday I broke down and bought the first season on ebay.  If it's as good as I think it's going to be, I may invest in the second season too. I think it's easier to just go ahead and buy the season set rather than rent each episode one by one.

  Last night I started playing with these knitting looms I bought for Jenni and the twins.  You're supposed to be able to make hats with the round ones. Has anybody ever used these? I went on YouTube to watch videos on how they work but I'm not positive I'm doing it right. The pegs don't stay put in the holes real good, for one thing. Maybe it's just this brand.

No comments:

Post a Comment