My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Happy Birthday Elvis!

If Elvis was alive, he'd be 78 today.  Just came across the first movie he was in (Love Me Tender) and I'd forgotten how good the ending was.  It took me right back to the Uptown Theatre in 1956 when I cried my eyes out when he died at the end.

What a terribly crummy wet dark damp gray day it has been.  Sure am thankful I could stay inside. I started a 1000-pc jigsaw yesterday. Got the border done and all the pieces turned upright. I looked at it today and decided it was way too much work.  I took it apart and then set up another 1000-pc puzzle.  It looks hard too but for some reason, it does look more manageable.  I listened to a book all morning while I played around with it.

I managed to get the dishwasher unloaded and the kitchen floor swept but that was the extent of my accomplishments today. Well, I did post on my Town Kid blog on the Leader. I guess that was something.

I had a heck of an uncomfortable day yesterday. Sciatica (I guess?) was flaring so bad I couldn't sit or walk without pain. I did get down on the floor and do some exercises but it hurt like hell and I wondered if it was worth it.  I had such bad upper leg cramps last night, it almost gave me a panic attack.  I'm thinking maybe the exercises helped, though, 'cause I've been a whole lot better today.  I decided to ease up on the pain pills for a while just to see if I could feel better. Sometimes I think they helped the pain but other times, not so much. Also noticed that I was so tired, I couldn't function without two naps. Even then, I didn't want to get up and had no ambition to work on a thing.  I also noticed an increase in tremors or tic-like movements.  Has to be related to the prescription.

I don't know what the answer is. I sense my doctor is tolerating my anxiousness over this problem. I don't know why I always think I have to apologize for making an appointment. Heaven knows I pay enough medical insurance to visit a doctor regularly.  She's nice and she's patient with me. Could very well be my own imagination.  Then again, I could be right on the money.  Hopefully, I can work through this rough patch on my own.  I've got my fingers crossed that the neurologist next month will be able to set my mind at rest.

I never really expected to get this old without some kind of problem or another. Now that it's upon me, I wonder why I can't accept the fact that health issues are going to be a part of my life now and then.  It's not like I'm special. Everybody has problems at one time or another. I'm just not real good at accepting mine, I guess.

Well, sorry to make this a whiny post today. I guess I've been cooped up and alone too long.   Got my VCRs all ready to tape tonight (Emily Owens, Storage Wars, among others)  I still find myself stopping frequently on the golf channel. Not sure how that happened but it's become a favorite.  I've only played golf once in my life and I found it extremely hard.  I couldn't hit that ball at all!  Which surprised me.

Well, off to the kitchen. I've got a potato baking and intend to top it was ham chunks and broccoli.

No comments:

Post a Comment