My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Monday, January 7, 2013

My Monday Begins

My day has a blank slate and I can fill it up with whatever strikes my fancy.  I like that.  It's 8:15 a.m. and the washing machine is running its first and only load of the day.  Damn machine needs to be leveled, I think, 'cause there are some mornings it makes entirely too much racket. I haven't a clue how to do it (it's a big machine) so I'll just tolerate it for now. What else can I do? 

The dishwasher is running as well. I certainly don't take my life of appliances for granted.  I also love my arena of gadgets. Last night as I sat watching 60 Minutes and then surfing to other channels, I realized I hadn't talked to one single person that day.  Except the kid at the corner grocery store who I acknowledged with "I'm just picking up a paper" as I laid down my 6 quarters.  I decided it was time I practiced my "texting" skills.  I can text if I have to but it's a slow process. Anyhow, I wrote "I love you" with an exclamatory mark and a happy face. Sent it out to half a dozen family members and had my phone buzz later with two texts back. Later, I noticed that I had sent one text to Jenni's house phone so I assume that went to lala land.  Ha ha

One thing I want to accomplish today is to get my next Town Kid blog post written. I think I'll try to submit it tomorrow or Wednesday.  I spent a little time day before yesterday cleaning up my password list and I suppose I could look over some of my files to see what needs to be deleted or put in a special folder.  I was able to get my pictures done at Mary's house last week but I'm sure if I look again, I'll find a few I overlooked.

I also need to surf YouTube and Google to reacquaint myself with exercises for sciatica.  I'm fairly certain the pain I'm experiencing below my BUTT when I get up is related to the sciatic nerve.  I probably won't ride my bike today as it looks like it wants to stay rainy and wet.  I will get a little exercise when I rearrange the frontroom, though. I'm going to see if I can't get my body used to sitting in the loveseat at night when I watch tv and do needlework.  My new recliner is super comfortable but it's way too soft and I'm kicking myself already for not getting one with a firmer seat cushion.  Fine for reclining and napping but not good for sitting upright to do needlework or reading. Hurts too much to get up and walk afterwards.  Lesson learned.

I threw out bread crumbs yesterday but never did see who came to get them. It had to have been the crows since two are out there looking in at  me and wondering where breakfast is. I'm going to sit down with pencil and paper today and look over my money outflows and incomes.  Need to institute a budget so I can reel in my spending a bit and see exactly where it's going.  I'm not real fond of this particular chore I've assigned myself but it's time to look at finances a little closer.

I did get my next 1000-piece jigsaw puzzle set up and ready to play with. And of course, there's always the crossword puzzles sitting nearby. I came across an old counted cross stitch picture that I started years ago and left half done. This time I'm going to get Noah and his ark of animals completed.   And on that note, I think I'll sign off, drain the last of my coffee cup, and go push living room furniture around.

No comments:

Post a Comment