My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

I give up!

I don't think this is the look I was going for when I bought curlers yesterday.  Somehow, I think I looked a whole lot better in the 50's than I do now in the teens.


What's even sadder is the amount of time I took to try and get a picture of my head that didn't show all the wrinkles and lines and split ends and blotchy skin.  Yeah, I'm not having a whole lot of pleasure looking in the mirror today.

But oh well, it is what it is.....

On the plus side, when I went through Jack in the Box yesterday afternoon to get a root beer, I asked for my senior discount and the girl said:  "Oh....you sure don't look old enough to be a senior."

I replied:  "Well, you little sweetie!  You should see me naked."

And here's a picture of my grandson and his friend, Malcolm, that was in the paper this week.  They sold at Safeway one day and Albertsons the next.

1 comment:

  1. Joyce, I keep reminding myself that for us senior women it is now much more important to have a good heart instead of good hair. hahaha

    ReplyDelete