My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Playing with photos

I've accepted the fact that I'm probably going to have one good day, one bad day, one good day...blah blah blah....
Woke up with a terrific charlie horse. I should have known.  Felt really good yesterday and even commented on it.  My fault.  I'm not defeated just yet, however.  I'm back to the floor exercises today and will double up on magnesium tablets. Also intend to start drinking my vinegar water every morning, and getting more water throughout the day.  Oh yeah, and bananas.

Yesterday I made a pitcher of iced tea.  I've "wondered" in the past if tea wasn't depleting minerals in my body.  I'm still experimenting with that notion.  I could be full of baloney but I might be on the right track too. I do liked tea. Both hot and cold so I'm hoping my suspicions are silly.

I decided to try a new technique in my frustrating search for having decent hair.  I'm never gonna have decent hair so I'm either going to have to get used to my wig, buy a better wig, or resign myself to wearing hats.  Yesterday I bought some of these....
I used to roll my hair every day so I thought I'd try it again. Was only reminded, however, that I used to have enough hair up there to roll in the first place.
I'll leave the curlers in all day and then take another picture of the results.  I don't have any expectations here.  There was so little hair to roll that I suspect I'm going to be sad.  hee hee

Played around with my old photos yesterday.  I know I've posted this picture before but that's okay.
 
I made head shots of all the people in the group hoping to identify who is who. Actually, I'm pretty close and my goal is to find some cousin somewhere who also has this photo in their family album with names attached.  This is my guess:

Standing: Georgie, John, Lew Gene, Zadock, James, Lizzie (although I could have Georgie & Lizzie backwards)
Sitting: Mattie, Lewis (the dad), Charlie (the elusive one), Jane Downs (the mom), Ettie

I need to locate more pictures of these people so I can compare them to the group shot which was taken in Oregon in about 1892-1894.  I've studied this picture off and on for years trying to judge who is who by what age they would be.

Well, off to ancestry now. Gotta look over Cousin Bonnie's tree info.




No comments:

Post a Comment