My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Last Sunday of the month

Happy Birthday to Mary Ellen Elizabeth Pearce Gaboury who is now 70 years old. All my friends are getting up there.

It's 10:50 a.m. as I look out on the wet back yard. Much prefer the rain over those cold temps.  All my chores are done so the day is mine to do as I please.  I did sign up for ancestry.com yesterday ($84 w/tax!) but oh well, I've got six months to find STUFF!  Going to start by looking for a brother my grandpa Lew Gene may have had called Charlie. 

I have the obit of Lewis Marion (Grandpa's father) and one of the survivors  lists a son named Charlie of California.  I remember my Aunt Velna once mentioning that "Charlie just disappeared."  That always piqued my interest but I haven't been able to find a birth certificate or much of anything else outside of that obit mention.

I went through all my family notes yesterday sorting and rereading and trying to find facts I'd overlooked and I did find a date of birth for Charlie (who's listed as Charles M) of Mar 15, 1881. That would make him 4 years younger than Grandpa but I haven't a clue where this info came from so I don't know how valid it is.  I also found references to three other of Grandpa's siblings who died in infancy or childhood -- Thomas, Minnie Mae, and Jennie.  I'll have to research that more.

Now that I'm signed on to ancestry, I am getting kind of excited to begin the search. I've always been the most curious about Grandpa's  parents and siblings but I'll eventually look over my mother's side too, and probably the Baldridges so my kids will have more info on their dad's side.

I started watching 'Homeland' last night. Went through the first three episodes of season one and am anxious to get to disk 2 today.  Excellent show! I can see why it keeps winning awards. And Claire Danes has been a favorite of mine since she starred in Temple Grandin.

Yvonne and I made a quick trip to Safeway yesterday and Jenni was there with Hunter and his friend, Malcolm, selling Campfire candy. She said she was going to be there all afternoon but at least she'd have fun people watching.
 

Saw a picture on my half sister's Facebook page that she posted of herself and another daughter at a rally they were having regarding the whereabouts of a daughter feared murdered several years ago. Her body has never been found. This is Pauline who lives in Pennsylvania.
 
And I saw a picture of Sammy on Jenni's Facebook page wearing the sweater she bought for him during the cold snap.  He doesn't come over while she's at work anymore. Stays home to guard the house.  And sleep.
 
 
And here's a picture from Mary and & Andy's Facebook page as they continue their journey down the road to adoption.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment