My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Another frosty morning out there


I kind of messed up the contrast when I attempted to brighten this early morning picture I took off the back deck.  How many times have I looked out on those tall trees in the background and wished they weren't there?  I'd have a fantastic view of the mountains otherwise. In fact, I think I'll go take a picture of them right now at the road I follow right behind those trees to get over to Jen's house or up to the library area.  Be right back...

A couple hours later...I got sidetracked.  Yvonne called needing a ride  downtown to pick up a loaner car as she totaled hers yesterday when she t-boned a guy.  It shook her up but no one was hurt.  On the plus side, she said she got an offer on her house yesterday. Also told me that the last time she sold a house, she wrecked her car at the same time. Must be a pattern.  Here's a picture of the mountain view I'd have if the trees weren't there. I've probably posted these before but I never tire looking at them.

 I decided as long as I was downtown I might as well buy my groceries. Safeway was relatively free of foot traffic and that always makes it nicer.  I took a couple pictures yesterday of the sculpture Yvonne has done and is displayed in her back bedroom.  She does pretty darn good.

And here's an interesting picture I saw on Coke Miller's FB page this morning....
This grove of approximately 400 pines was planted around 1930, when its location was still within the German province of Pomerania. It is generally believed that some form of human tool or technique was used to make the trees grow this way, but the method and motive are not currently known.


And here's two more photos from that collection I was sent in an email last week...
The Kennedy trio in the mid 30s as teenagers; John, Bobby and Teddy

Microsoft staff photo from December 7, 1978


The last couple of days I've been addicted to my jigsaw puzzle and haven't got much done.  I've made a point, today, of not looking at it for a while.  I also listened to an audio book and am ready to start another this afternoon.  I was going to try and not check books out of the library until I've read my own collection but I have no will power and I picked up two the last time Yvonne and I went in to browse.
I've got four books going at once now. 'I heard you paint houses' ( Mafia story), The River King by Alice Hoffman, How I Grew by Mary McCarthy, and the Late Child by Larry McMurtry.  He's one of my favorite authors.

As usual, the media is beating a subject to death.  Does anyone give a rip if  Beyonce lip synced?  NO! And does anyone think the football player was duped?  Yep!  You bet I do.  There are lots of A-holes out there with nothing better to do, and no one is safe from them. You wouldn't believe the stories people have to tell of scam artists who prey on young couples trying to adopt.  It's widespread and very evil, take my word for it.  Course we all know about the scum overseas filling up our email boxes with requests for money.  I can't believe anyone falls for their crap but there must be some because they keep on truckin'!

Got a kick out of watching Hillary testify to the guys in the government trying their darndest to blacken her name and Obama. Go Hillary!  She sees right through that malarkey baloney.

Watched The Middle and Modern Family last night. I skip all the others surrounding them as they don't interest me at all. I must say both shows made me cackle out loud and cackle again!  Loved seeing Sue Heck being a cheerleader and love anything referencing The Godfather.  Cracked me up!  

And here's some clips from another show I love on PBS. Doc Martin....


No comments:

Post a Comment