My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Nice Lazy Sunday

And another week begins. I ran down to buy a newspaper so I'd have the TV section to refer to this week.  Seems like a few new shows are starting up but sometimes it's easy to lose them when trying to figure out where they've landed. Not like the old days when everything new started in September.  A lot of my shows aren't on the basic channels like ABC,NBC, CBS or FOX. I have to peruse Discovery, The Learning Channel, HGTV, A&E, AMC, and PBS.

Downton Abbey starts tonight but I'll probably tape it 'cause I can't always stay up till 11. Not sure how that happened but it creeped up on me like other things of having to pick and choose what kind of a chair to sit in. Can't navigate real well in low to the floor cushiony couches 'cause it's too dang hard to get up again.

I got a little bike riding in yesterday. Not a lot but I'll work myself up to half hour stretches up and down the street. That's the trouble with bike riding. Don't do it for a while and it's like day one all over again. I suppose being 69 and overweight contributes to that too.  Oh well, it is what it is.

I've got my little red speaker plugged into my Ipod and I do love that I'm hearing some of my old tunes that I hadn't been hearing for a while. Right now it's "Hold On" by Tom Waits. I love his voice.

Observations this morning: 

As I drove to the corner grocery, I saw two women (separate homes) smoking out front in their yards. I wonder if I would do that if I was a mom raising kids today. Probably. We sure didn't do it back in the day, though.  Since I'm a nonsmoker these days, I'm kind of glad to see people smoking outside. Still....I'm not positive I would do it if it was a cold January morning and I was at my own house. Then again,  I suppose the guilt would probably make me bundle up and stand outside.

Also seen at an early hour -- people walking dogs, lots of crows hunting for breakfast, and one lone seagull on reconnaissance at my house.  I'm sure they remember places where food was distributed.  I have a seagull who regularly struts his stuff down the middle of my street right in front of my lawn. Now that  I think about it, I've got some stale bread in the kitchen. I think I'll throw it out and see how long it takes and who shows up. I'm betting on crows but maybe the seagulls have a lookout too.

I'm gonna finish framing a PT jigsaw puzzle I completed and then set out a second puzzle to get busy on.  I had a morning of puttering and got in the mood to rearrange a few wall hangings.
 this is my crossword and jigsaw puzzle corner of the kitchen. It'll probably stay cluttered for weeks but that's okay.  It's my play area.
 I wasn't using this bulletin board much where it was hung so I switched it over to a place nearer my desk. I also changed a few PT pictures on this wall.

 My button collection wasn't getting the exposure it deserved so I moved it to another wall. Now that I look at it, though, I suppose I should try and make a better looking display. I'll have to google that as I know it could look a lot more interesting.
 In the middle of this photo is my Rhody and Rhody Run button collection. I've still got certain ones I need. Rhody pins needed: 1989 & 1999  Rhody Run pins needed: 1985, 2002,2003. I've got a few Rhody buttons from the  60's, and 70's. Not a lot but my favorite is the 1961 button.

I guess I should get moving. I did post a blog on the Leader (What Do You Say) and I think I'll start the Town Kid piece on favorite first cars.  Send me your memories on your favorite car...cedarrose61 at hotmail.com    I have about 7 stories now.

No comments:

Post a Comment