My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

4 errands

I didn't leave the house yesterday but I needed to run a few errands this morning so I forced myself out.  Had a gift card for Joanne's Fabrics so decided to browse through on my way to the Dollar Store. Found a $30 bundle of quilt batting (king size) on sale for $14.97 so I scooped that up so I'll have it on hand when I get back into sewing again.

Also bought a packet of "fat squares" that the clerk gave me a coupon for when I was checking out so I got it for half off. Love it when that happens.  I needed a few birthday cards and was pleasantly surprised when I checked out at the Dollar Store that they were on sale for 50 cents each.  I picked up some postage stamps and made a quick stop at the library to request some books.

Unfortunately, I got halfway to the library door and experienced a little "foot problem."  This particular problem has occurred off and on for years but it disappears quickly and I continue on my way. I was always nervous that it would happen while I was out in public and today was the day.  I stopped and stood still for a bit because I literally couldn't stand on the foot.  I finally hobbled over to a chair and sat there for five minutes IN A VERY BAD MOOD!  I sure am glad I've got a doctor appt in a couple of days for a referral to a foot doctor.  I'm way overdue at getting to the bottom of this nonsense!

I moved my laptop over to the recliner as I wanted to study videos and read searching tips on ancestry.  Amazing how much I learned in that short period of time. Intend to study again tomorrow.  For the last couple days, I've heard this "cheep" noise and I've walked around the room trying to establish where it was coming from.  I was just about ready to think it was a battery going bad on a smoke detector but then I opened up the sliding glass door and jumped as a bird "cheeped" real loud.

I went out in the back yard to fill half a dozen bird feeders and took a few pictures before coming back in.
 I took another look at those little "thingies" growing in the moss. Still not sure what they are but they're staying little.
 Here's a fairy ring of mushrooms or toadstools or whatever you call them.
 My plum tree is getting buds on it so I think spring is getting closer.
 Saw this little purple flower growing near the bird feeders but don't remember planting there. Looks like it might be a crocus.
Both tulip beds have flowers coming up so it won't be long now and I'll have some color out there.

My sister's ex-husband, Clarence Lammers, had told her a couple days ago that Emily Graves had passed away.  The rumor mill got going but when she tried to find out about services, no one seemed to know a thing about her dying.  She finally figured out that Clarence (who is having some memory issues) just assumed she was dead because he saw her husband out without her.

Tomorrow, she's taking him to Kai Tai Nursing Home after they have lunch. She's told him there's a guy down there that Clarence knows and who said he'd like for him to stop by and visit.  She can hardly wait to see Clarence's face when she leads him into Emily's room. (she hasn't told him yet that he was mistaken)  hee hee

Want to do me a favor?  Jenni mentioned a close friend of hers whose daughter is going to be in a Seattle hospital for months. Anne is 8 years old and has non Hodgkins lymphoma. She's also excited about collecting boxtops for a school project so if you could drop her a get well card (and if you have any) insert a boxtop or two, she'd be thrilled.
Address to:
Anne Edwards c/o Kristine Zimmerman, 820 Dayton St, Edmonds, WA 98020

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment