My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Rearranging is my Game

Running on empty today.  I stayed up till midnight "searching for just one more thing."  I hate that I have no self control.  I went to bed and tossed and turned for another hour.  I really need to watch a little tv before hitting the sack. Another lesson learned.  Wouldn't have been so bad had I been able to sleep in (my intention) but there's a neighbor down the alley a couple houses away who has a couple of dogs.  One of them is a hound who has a very deep loud long bark--and they put him out early 'cause he's awakened me several times. 

This morning I was really ticked off and crabby so I drove down the alley in the dark looking for exactly what house is his. I wrote down the house number and came home to look him up. Yep, you can do that. I even found a picture on Facebook of him sitting on the couch with two of his dogs.  Since you can find phone numbers if they have a land line, guess who's getting a call from me the next time it happens.

I'm the first one to try and make allowances for dogs. I like dogs and we all know they have to go out to do their business.  They don't, however, need to be left out there as they bark and bark and bark.  Rude!  I'd NEVER let my dog disturb the neighbors like that....if I had a dog.  Even when Sammy came here daily, I suspect I was more upset with his barking than the neighbors were.  My patience level is low these days.

My cousin Bonnie and I continue to communicate on family searches. She located a relative who sent her some he had. Here is Mattie and Ettie, two of grandpa's sisters.  I remember my dad (and aunt Velna) mentioning their names and I'm happy to have these.
One of the relatives I found (the one who changed his last name 'cause he didn't like his mother) married four times before he died at the age of 87.

Ettie (shown on the right above) had a husband and a son who were barbers in Pendleton. The son (Waible Edison-isn't that a unique name?) was nicknamed Red. He was into photography too as I found this postcard attributed to him at the 1929 Pendleton roundup.

I decided to clean out my refridgerator this morning and put together 7 salads to eat on this week. I seem to do a little better eating salads if they're already made and waiting for me.  I had a tone of stuff to put in them so I'm really looking forward to supper.
Suspect I'm gonna' have to tape Downton Abbey tonight as I'm feeling terribly tired. I wonder if a nap would help.  Maybe.  Jen and the twins are in Port Townsend today selling campfire candy at Safeway.

I swept the kitchen and ran a quick vacuum.  Decided as long as I was tidying up the joint, I might as well rearrange a little. I pushed the couch to its former position and made this part of the kitchen into my "research room."  I'm going to tack photos on the bulletin board until I get everybody identified and I think I'll draw maps of Washington, Oregon, and Illinois so I can track who lived where. 

I've probably been watching too much TV but I like to pretend I'm solving a 'case'.  Which I am, in a way.
It's both a tidy and a messy corner but it's my happy place.  And now ---  off to the recliner for a short nap.  I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment