My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Homework

The morning's almost gone but I've managed to get quite a few little chores out of the way. All paper and computer related.  Letters, cards, picture orders, banking, and now blogging.  I'm going to work on photo albums for an hour or so. Have to insert the old pictures I've had in a shoebox onto the additional pages I added to a favorite album. Always fun once you get started.

I got a Town Kid blog posted last night before going to bed. Couldn't find a thing  on TV so I called it a day and crawled in the sack around 9 to read for a while.  Hummingbirds are feeding at both the front and back feeders already so I'm glad I made the effort to put in fresh nectar yesterday.  Been watching my four trees bloom and I'm pretty sure the one out front is dead.  I kind of babied that tree along a lot of the time wondering if it was going to blossom.  This morning it looks just dreadful.
You can't really tell from this picture but if it doesn't perk up pretty soon, I'm going to see if Hunter will help me dig it up and plant a new one.  The ones in the back at least have buds coming out.

Here's a shot of some quail that frequent my place and may even be nesting under the porch. Not sure how long they'll stick around, though, as Sammy is coming to spend the weekend and he does like to chase birds.
Here's a shot I took from the Walgreen's parking lot yesterday when I was picking up reprints. I never tire of seeing the mountains.
And here's some helpful tips from my Rose Johnson email a while back.....


I saw this next picture on Facebook and I thought it was interesting enough to give it a try next time I'm cooking pasta.
I got to thinking the other day about how many "gadgets" I have in my life.  Here's a selection of a few....
I watched a few videos on YouTube yesterday to make sure I knew exactly how to use my foam rubber tube thingie for floor exercises.  All of them looked super easy and I was anxious to get started.  I had a rude awakening, however, when I was unable to do even ONE!  It hurt way too much.  But more than hurting, I just plain could NOT DO THEM!  I think I needed more strength in my arms than I have, not to mention more strength in my legs.  I was very dismayed because I paid $20 for that dang roller and I assumed it was going to be an easy exercise program for me.

I'm going to get on my bike this week and start again on riding around the block to work myself up to a point where I'm not wanting to throw in the towel and kill myself.  I know it's going to be like day one all over again but it's not like I'm expecting it to be anything else.

Two nights ago I was settling in to read in bed when I saw and heard this huge black fly who thought I needed company.  I absolutely cannot sleep knowing there's a flying insect in my room so it was to retrieve the fly swatter and kill that bugger!  Didn't take any time at all, for which I was thankful 'cause I've experienced some killing escapades that took on a life of their own while it was me against the bug for a long period of time.  I guess I'm going to have to make sure I always shut the door when I go in and out. At least it's a sign the weather is warming up.

And here's a very colorful video for your viewing pleasure.....






No comments:

Post a Comment