My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Monday, February 11, 2013

Monday morning begins......

What a difference a night makes.  ha ha  I just made that up.

Amazing how much better a person feels with sleep.  I took a little recliner nap yesterday and although  it was  short (phone call woke me up)  it must have been enough 'cause I was still up at 9  p.m.  and watching Downton Abbey.  And boy, was I glad I stayed up!  Wonderful episode and I'm betting I would have taped it from 9 to 10 and missed the last hour from 10 to 11.  They seemed to clean up all kinds of problems as the show progressed and I was very happy to see it all.  Also very surprised.

I'm pretty stuffed up this morning and yet my nose is running at the same time.  I hope it means the congestion is breaking up. I've had headaches off and on for weeks and I know it's sinus related.  Or I have a brain tumor. I'm going with sinus for now.

Woke up to hear the Pope is retiring. I don't see what the big deal is. Popes  get old and tired just like everyone else and he's not immune from dementia either.  Look at Ronald Reagan.

I unloaded the dishwasher and happily, that is the only household chore on my list today.  You know what that means.  I get to spend the day on the computer.  I'm continuing to sort through old pictures and put them in separate files and I'll start working on Georgianna and Jake Stark later today.  She was grandpa's oldest sister and they owned hotels in Oregon.

Also have a couple letters to write, a topic or two to google, notes and questions to type up for the doctor on Friday (I have a tendency to forget once I get inside their office), and I might run to Safeway to get some ingredients to make this recipe I found.  Chicken and cheese enchillada with black beans, chicken soup, green onions, sour cream, and salsa sauce among the ingredients.

I taped the Grammys and will FF through most of it today or tonight depending on what's on tv.  I don't like a lot of the music but some of it is pretty entertaining. I like Justin Timberlake, Alicia Keyes, Adele, Bruno Mars, Carrie Underwood, Mumford & Sons, and even Lady Gaga.  I don't care for Taylor Swift or Justin Beiber (and a whole lot of others).

Gray and wet outside my window but from what I've seen on tv today with the tornadoes and snow in other parts of the country, I'll take this drizzle anytime.

Watched a really 'different' movie on Netflix a few nights ago. Called Never Forever. Interesting story line but the ending left me wondering so I had to go on IMDB to read what other people thought happened.  I do love that website.

Got some interesting dog pictures in an email yesterday. Thank you Donald. Here's four of my favorites...



And here's a funny video that reminds me of ME....... hee hee




No comments:

Post a Comment