My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Sunday, February 10, 2013

For Deb, the Alaskan coast guard lady

Here are some of the pictures I thought you might like to see (and/or save)

 Our backyard going towards the barn. Originally, there was another large barn in front of this one a little closer to the house.
 This is the old shed before a better roof was put on and below is my dad stacking wood in the same shed. That large house in the right background is where I raised my kids, and John's house was right next door on 19th Street.

This is one of my favorite view of the valley. Grandpa's barn is on the left and our house is just to the right of it. That little house on 19th is that brown one (much larger now) that my uncle lived in. The boy's name is Larry Grewell. His dad had a popular grocery store (Del's) right across the street from where this was taken.  Several other businesses have been in there since then.


 This is a view of 19th that I took from a friend's deck. She lives in those apts on Gaines St.


Here's another favorite of mine that was in the Leader, probably 1958-59-or 60.  These girls graduated in 1960 and this spot is very close to your house.


Thanks again for the Saturday tour.

No comments:

Post a Comment