My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

I got me a new toy

I went on YouTube to watch (again) how to do floor exercises for the periformis muscle in the upper thigh.  I was pretty sure I remembered but I wanted to look at other peoples' videos, as well. I came across a series on foam rollers and thought..."hmmmmm...I think that's just what I need for the problems I've been having lately." 

I called around and finally found a physical therapist office that sold them.  The first place suggested I go to this local pharmacy but every time I've tried to get something there, I've always felt it was overpriced.  As it turned out the drug store wanted five dollars more for the exact same thing.
It doesn't look like much but there are several videos on YouTube demonstrating what you can do and what it will help. Course just getting on the floor is my first obstacle.  Still...I've got to try whatever I can.  That foot episode at the library yesterday was unnerving.  I ended up going to bed at 8:45 last night because I was exhausted.  Stress I think.  I woke up at 3 a.m. with a splitting headache but I knew it would go away if I slept more upright so it was off to the living room recliner for the rest of the night.

I've put a cane in the back of my car....just in case I ever get caught like that again.  Sadly, I also often set out this contraption to help me in my hour of need.
 
I spent most of my day on ancestry.com again.  Still working on locating the children of my great aunt Georgie Stark. I found the guy that Ailene married and it looks like they took off to live in Council Bluff, Iowa. I found them in several city directories where his job title changed over the years from clerk to asst to traffice manager to chief rate clerk, to manager traffic dept. All this for the UPRR (Omaha) which I'm thinking is the railroad. Gonna do more research on that just because I'm curious. 
 
When they first got married in Eugene, Oregon in 1918, his job was listed as mech Painless Parker, dentist.  I'm not sure what that means.  I've still got a lot of work to do on this particular couple. Like find out if they had kids, when he died, and why she ended up dying in California in 1951.
 
I got hungry in mid afternoon so I pulled out my popcorn popper and made a snack.


I finally threw the last of it outside in the yard 'cause I couldn't stop eating it.  (story of my life)
 
I've got some stuffed cabbage rolls cooking in the oven now.  I used the leftover meat and rice mixture from the stuffed green peppers a few days ago.  Just kind of made it up as I went along.
I forgot to add my "tips" yesterday so here's two today....


And here's an interesting email I got from Pete & Carolyn Schweitzer down in Vancouver....

This man owned & drove the same car for 82 YEARS.
Mr. Allen Swift (Springfield, MA) received this 1928
Rolls-Royce Piccadilly-P1 Roadster from his father, brand
 new - as a graduation gift in 1928.
He drove it up until his death last year ... at the age of 102!!!
He was the oldest living owner of a car that was purchased new.
It was donated to a Springfield museum after his death.
It has 1,070,000 miles on it, still runs like a Swiss watch, dead silent
at any speed and is in perfect cosmetic condition. (82 years).

 

Gotta go set my VCR now. Lots of good stuff on tv tonight...Mr. D, The Middle, Modern Family, 20/20, Law & Order, and The Americans.

No comments:

Post a Comment