My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Busy Bee Saturday

I don't know what all was going on in my dream last night but as soon as I woke up this morning, I had this overwhelming urge to clean out closets and rearrange where I kept stuff.  I actually had a lot of things stored in really dumb places.  Finding new spots for various treasures is what makes my life full. 

My working area out here on the kitchen table was getting messier by the day and I knew I had to take a break and get things straightened up.  Part of the straightening up included fixing photo albums.  I still had a little money left on my Joanne's gift card so I stopped by there and picked up two packages of photo album pages that I was pretty sure would fit in my "old family pictures album."  It meant taking the cover off and using a screw driver and putting an extension screw on but it was kind of fun once I figured out what I was doing. It's all ready for me to add more pictures and then I discovered two more empty albums in the hall closet that I haven't even used yet.  Maybe I'll save them for gifts.
 
I've been making trips back and forth using my old scanner when I want to get a crisper scan of some old photo.  As I was going through my various photo stashes, I came across this one that I'd never really paid that much attention to before.
 

There's two little stickers on the back that say: "Dad is one with scratched off face." And..."Dad's school in St. Louis."  I'm not real sure who's handwriting it is. I know it's none of my uncles so it must be Elva or Velna although I sure don't recall them doing it for me.  What caught my interest today was the name written above these two little stickers.  It's in old time script writing (looks like a woman's) and it says Charlis Blankenship.  Now that's a mystery.  Mainly because of this family portrait I've been wanting to ID in the worst way.  My cousin, Bonnie and I are pretty sure we have everybody identified but the boy in front continues to baffle us.
 
I'll figure it out someday. All in good time.
 
I finally discovered exactly what this cheeping noise was I kept hearing.  I thought it was a hummingbird outside my sliding glass door but today I surprised some quail who were under the porch and now I know who was making the noise I couldn't locate.

Went to a memorial service for a former neighbor I had in Sequim. Big crowd. Nice lady.  She was step-sister to Patty Fraker, who I went to school with until she left in high school.









This is Vivian, John, and Linda.  Other neighbors in Green Acres.
 
 
Well, I guess I'll scrounge up something for dinner. Looking forward to the Oscars tomorrow. As usual, I wish I could have seen more of the movies up for awards.
 
Here's another cute picture I liked.   Love that little wagon my dad and his brother are sitting in. I bet their dad made it.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment