My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Monday, February 18, 2013

President's Day



Neighbor girls stopped in and wanted to do a cheer for me.  I told them my video yesterday was kind of dark so I needed more practice using my camera.  I shot two minutes and they continued on their way to do cheers elsewhere.


I posted a couple pictures on Facebook that I was "practice scanning".
Here's my dad and uncle about age 14 or 15 hiking in the mountains. I don't know the guy with them.The sign nearby read:  Rainbow Camp, City Camp, Tunnel Creek Trail, Big Quilcene Trail, Bark Shanty, Shelter Rock.
This photo is an official marine picture titled "1st Defense Battalion." My dad is down front. I think he said they were on an island in the south Pacific.  I forget. Story of my life these days.

Hard to believe this was 70 years ago!

Got a call from my cousin, Diane Westergaard, last night telling me she'd been in contact with a cousin doing genealogy research on the Blanchard side of the family. She gave me his email and I'm hoping to get a picture of my mother's mother, Lillian Nisbet. I've got two now but always wished I had more.  He lives down in Ridgefield, I think.  Ironically, the research I did on my mother's biological family showed her dad and family living in Ridgefield.

Was nice to see Downton Abbey running for 90 minutes last night but I was sad to hear that's it for the season.  Now we have to wait for more episodes months down the line.  I hate the system they have these days for showing television shows. Especially those you get hooked on.

Saw a notice in the PA paper that a former neighbor of mine in Sequim is having a graveside service this Saturday in Port Angeles.  I  intend to go.  My sister called me this morning and told me of another friend passing on -- Emily Hicks Graves.  Sad.  My friends keep disappearing.

Have edited and deleted and changed this post today. I read it back and it made me gag!  ha ha
Here's an interesting tip:

 
And more British ads:
COWS, CALVES:  NEVER BRED.  Also 1 gay bull for sale.
JOINING NUDIST COLONY!
Must sell washer and dryer$100.
 
WEDDING DRESS FOR SALE.
Worn once by mistake.
FOR SALE BY OWNER.  Complete set of Encyclopedia Britannica, 45 volumes.
Excellent condition, $200 or best offer.
No longer needed, got married, wife knows everything.


No comments:

Post a Comment