My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Saturday, September 10, 2011

9-10-11

The front of the house (where the shade is now) is 74 degrees but the back deck says 84.  It's not too bad in the house right now but sometimes it doesn't get muggy until after 6.  We'll see....

I got up early and rearranged the living room and kitchen a bit.  Did some sweeping, moppng, and vacuuming, washed dishes and put them all away, and even cleaned the toilets.  Yeah, I know....my blogs are really going down the drain these days.  But this is my life.

I ran over to the Historical Society garage sale (their 2nd and final weekend when everything is half off).  I was hoping the Upstairs Downstairs videos (3 or 4 seasons worth) would still be there but silly me....I should have known somebody would pick them up for $10 a piece.  From the looks of what was left compared to last week, I'd say they made lots of money as the shelves were really cleaned out.  And they had a TON of stuff!

I made a quick library run to return some books on tape and pick up more. Also read the Leader, and browsed the gift shop to see if they had any movies or books for sale.  Stopped at Albertsons for milk and ended up buying an impulse pizza as I was leaving. They have a pizza deli right by the door where you take the pizzas home to cook them yourself.  I picked up a medium Hawaiian and invited Virginia Anglin Tomlinson over for lunch.

Hunter and Wayne (and Sammy) came by later in the afternoon so Wayne could put my cement blocks together to make steps off the back deck.  I didn't expect him to work in the hot sun but I was sure happy to get the steps.  They may not look like professional wood steps, but they'll work just fine--and the material only cost me $12.  I'm especially pleased that I can go up and down now without having to hold onto a nearby chair.  I gave Wayne the leftover pizza to take home as a reward. (and so I wouldn't eat it!)


Never did get to  my sewing projects but there's always tomorrow. I have the curtains and stool seat cut and ready to sew.  Think I'll spend the rest of the day relaxing in front of the tv and trying to stay cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment